First Look at Will and Jaden Smith on Tropical Set of 'After Earth'
As the production for M. Night Shyamalan's "After Earth" is underway in Costa Rica, Will Smith shared a few photos of himself and his son Jaden Smith on the set of the upcoming sci-fi film. Taking to his Facebook account, the rapper/actor posted some images that unveil a look at the mesmerizing tropical landscape that is used for the shooting of the the post-apocalyptic movie.
None of Will and Jaden is featured donning full costume in the photos. Two of the images were taken a day before the filming began, while the other one, which sees Will showing off his grey hair, was captured on the first day of shooting. Additionally, director Shyamalan took to his WhoSay account to share a few other photos that give a look at busy crew who are preparing the location that will be used for the filming.
Previously titled "1000 A.E.", the forthcoming pic is set 1.000 years into the future. It centers on a young boy who navigates an abandoned and sometimes scary Earth to save himself and his estranged father after their ship crashes. Will and Jaden tackle the key roles of the father and son.
"After Earth" has been scheduled to be unleashed in the U.S. theaters on June 7, 2013. Shyamalan pens the script along with Gary Whitta and Stephen Gaghan in addition to serving as the helmer. Also making up the cast ensemble are Zoe Kravitz, Sophie Okonedo and Isabelle Fuhrman.
Will Smith will next be seen returning as Agent J in "Men in Black 3". As for his son, Jaden, the young rapper/actor's upcoming movies is "Amulet", in which he will star opposite his little sister Willow Smith.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance