'House M.D.' Producers Make 'Painful' Decision to End Show After Current Season
It's official; "House M.D." will call it quits after this season. On Wednesday, February 8, FOX announced that the currently airing eighth season will be the last for the long-running medical drama.
"The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years," star Hugh Laurie as well as executive producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs said in a joint statement, "but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved."
"The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air," they added.
After thanking fans and everyone involved in the making of "House", they noted, "So, finally, everyone at House will bid farewell to the audience and to each other with more than a few tears, but also with a deep feeling of gratitude for the grand adventure they have been privileged to enjoy for the last eight years. If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud."
FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly released another statement to say, "While it's with much regret, and a lump in our throats, we respect the decision Hugh, David and Katie have made." He added, "We wholeheartedly thank them [the 'House' team], and the fans who have supported the show."
The eighth season finale which will also be the series finale will be shot in April and is currently scheduled to air in May. Some familiar faces may grace the show once again before it bids farewell since creator David Shore once said he wanted former leading lady Lisa Edelstein to return, while Jennifer Morrison has recently expressed her willingness to reprise her role as Cameron.
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'
- Chloe Moretz: 'I Wanted a Boob Job and Butt Reduction' at Age 16
- Bradley Cooper and Irina Shayk Talk About Building a Future and Having Kids Together
- Check Out These New 'Fast 8' Ice Cars From Iceland Set
- Kelly Clarkson Signs With Atlantic Records, Readies Soul Album for Next Year
- Jesse Is Back on 'The Flash' in Season 3. Will She Turn Into Speedster?