'House M.D.' Producers Make 'Painful' Decision to End Show After Current Season
It's official; "House M.D." will call it quits after this season. On Wednesday, February 8, FOX announced that the currently airing eighth season will be the last for the long-running medical drama.
"The decision to end the show now, or ever, is a painful one, as it risks putting asunder hundreds of close friendships that have developed over the last eight years," star Hugh Laurie as well as executive producers David Shore and Katie Jacobs said in a joint statement, "but also because the show itself has been a source of great pride to everyone involved."
"The producers have always imagined House as an enigmatic creature; he should never be the last one to leave the party. How much better to disappear before the music stops, while there is still some promise and mystique in the air," they added.
After thanking fans and everyone involved in the making of "House", they noted, "So, finally, everyone at House will bid farewell to the audience and to each other with more than a few tears, but also with a deep feeling of gratitude for the grand adventure they have been privileged to enjoy for the last eight years. If the show lives on somewhere, with somebody, as a fond memory, then that is a precious feat, of which we will always be proud."
FOX entertainment president Kevin Reilly released another statement to say, "While it's with much regret, and a lump in our throats, we respect the decision Hugh, David and Katie have made." He added, "We wholeheartedly thank them [the 'House' team], and the fans who have supported the show."
The eighth season finale which will also be the series finale will be shot in April and is currently scheduled to air in May. Some familiar faces may grace the show once again before it bids farewell since creator David Shore once said he wanted former leading lady Lisa Edelstein to return, while Jennifer Morrison has recently expressed her willingness to reprise her role as Cameron.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support