Abe Defeated by Sexy Vampire in New 'Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter' Photo
20th Century Fox has debuted a brand new photo from "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter" that unveils an "untold side" of America's 16th president. Coming out via Entertainment Weekly, the fresh still shows young Abe being locked under a chair by a blond vampire in a room where there are dead bodies lying on the ground. In addition to the picture, EW unleashed more photos that see Benjamin Walker's Abe channeling his inner bloodsucker slayer by wielding his trusty axe.
Instead of highlighting his stellar political life, the forthcoming movie presents Abe as a man who dedicates his life to destroy vampires with an axe after his mother was killed by the bloodsuckers. He continues to hunt the immortal creatures all the way through his presidency.
Of the Tim Burton-produced "twisted history" movie, lead actor Walker said, "It's told through the structure of Lincoln's actual life. You not only see these huge fight scenes and great moments of drama, but you get sort of the greatest hits of Lincoln's life, from the mysterious death of his mother through the Gettysburg address." He added, "You get a portrait of this man, as well as a thriller."
Despite the fact that he stars as Abe in a much twisted portrayal, Walker is confident that nobody's going to get hurt because the iconic president is so universally beloved. "His legacy is safe. It's something we all agree on and we're all proud of as Americans. Once you know that, nobody's going to actually get hurt," he explained.
"We all do idolize him," the 29-year-old actor continued. "We do look for qualities he exemplified and try to emulate that in our lives. Nobody gets their feelings hurt because we know who he was. If you throw vampires into the mix, it's just another way to see someone we already think of as a hero be heroic."
Visionary filmmaker Timur Bekmambetov tackles the helming duty for "Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter", while Seth Grahame-Smith serves as the screenwriter. The thriller also stars Dominic Cooper, Anthony Mackie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jimmi Simpson and Robin McLeavy.
Fox has scheduled to unleash the fantasy movie in theaters across the U.S. on June 22.
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season