Lana Del Rey Delays Australian Shows, Cancels SXSW Performance
Instead of announcing her tour dates, Lana Del Rey postponed and scrapped her shows. The internet meme delayed her concerts in Australia and called off her upcoming performance at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
Many believed the cancellation was made due to her underwhelming performance on "Saturday Night Live" given that the announcement was issued not long after the "SNL" gig. The press release, however, cited "unprecedented international demand" as the reason.
"More extensive dates will be announced soon," her camp assured her fans Down Under before adding, "Lana is looking forward to her maiden Australian visit and sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused."
As for the SXSW cancellation, organizers for the upcoming festival have confirmed that Del Rey will not perform at the event, according to Pitchfork. The "Video Games" singer and her camp haven't issued a statement regarding the matter though.
The postponement and the cancellation came just hours after Del Rey was reported to scrap her tour. The rumor was quickly denied by her rep who insisted she planned to tour in October. "There has never been a spring tour announced or canceled," the rep additionally stressed.
Lana Del Rey has just released her new album "Born to Die". Despite receiving backlash, she is predicted to bow at the second spot on Billboard Hot 200 by selling around 60,000 to 70,000 copies. If the final figure meets the expectation, she will become the first female artist, since Jackie Evancho, to have the highest entry on the album chart with a full-length major label debut.
Though she's predicted to debut high on the U.S. album chart, Del Rey might not record a new album after "Born to Die". "I don't think I'll write another record," she told Vogue recently. "What would I say? I feel like everything I wanted to say, I've said already."
Talking about the album she's just released, she gushed, "The album is a tribute to living life on the wild side. I'm sort of kidding because I'm not that wild any more... used to drink a lot. Too much." She added, "I haven't had a drink for seven years now."
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes