Lana Del Rey Delays Australian Shows, Cancels SXSW Performance
Instead of announcing her tour dates, Lana Del Rey postponed and scrapped her shows. The internet meme delayed her concerts in Australia and called off her upcoming performance at South by Southwest (SXSW) festival.
Many believed the cancellation was made due to her underwhelming performance on "Saturday Night Live" given that the announcement was issued not long after the "SNL" gig. The press release, however, cited "unprecedented international demand" as the reason.
"More extensive dates will be announced soon," her camp assured her fans Down Under before adding, "Lana is looking forward to her maiden Australian visit and sincerely apologizes for any inconvenience caused."
As for the SXSW cancellation, organizers for the upcoming festival have confirmed that Del Rey will not perform at the event, according to Pitchfork. The "Video Games" singer and her camp haven't issued a statement regarding the matter though.
The postponement and the cancellation came just hours after Del Rey was reported to scrap her tour. The rumor was quickly denied by her rep who insisted she planned to tour in October. "There has never been a spring tour announced or canceled," the rep additionally stressed.
Lana Del Rey has just released her new album "Born to Die". Despite receiving backlash, she is predicted to bow at the second spot on Billboard Hot 200 by selling around 60,000 to 70,000 copies. If the final figure meets the expectation, she will become the first female artist, since Jackie Evancho, to have the highest entry on the album chart with a full-length major label debut.
Though she's predicted to debut high on the U.S. album chart, Del Rey might not record a new album after "Born to Die". "I don't think I'll write another record," she told Vogue recently. "What would I say? I feel like everything I wanted to say, I've said already."
Talking about the album she's just released, she gushed, "The album is a tribute to living life on the wild side. I'm sort of kidding because I'm not that wild any more... used to drink a lot. Too much." She added, "I haven't had a drink for seven years now."
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!