Joseph Gordon-Levitt to Make Directorial Debut in Sexy Film Starring Scarlett Johansson
Joseph Gordon-Levitt is set to expand his career as a director. The 30-year-old actor has signed on to make a directorial debut in a yet-to-be-titled feature film, which is also designed as his starring vehicle. Additionally, he will serve as the screenwriter.
According to Deadline, Gordon-Levitt has sealed Scarlett Johansson to be his co-star in the upcoming movie project. Ram Bergman will produce the film in association with Gordon-Levitt's hitRECord Films. The untitled Joseph Gordon-Levitt comedy project will start filming on April 16.
While Gordon-Levitt wouldn't reveal too much tidbits of his new project, it is said that the movie is a "sexy comedy about a modern-day Don Juan". Gordon-Levitt will tackle the male lead character who embarks on a quest to become less of a "selfish dick."
Gordon-Levitt told Deadline that he's been having a strong desire to direct a movie. "I was a child actor for years and quit at 19, went to school awhile, and a big part of why I came back was that I ultimately wanted to make movies," he shared.
"I spent a year working with Chris Nolan, Rian Johnson, Steven Spielberg, and I did my best to pay attention," the Los Angeles-born actor added. "I've also been making short films for a long time now, I've directed a ton of them, and that is a huge part of why I feel comfortable and confident in this."
With this upcoming movie project on his plate, Gordon-Levitt must pay more attention to his schedule since he still has to star in Quentin Tarantino's "Django Unchained" in the near future. "It will be tricky schedule-wise, but I was honest with Quentin upfront," he admitted. "He was so cool and encouraging. He said, 'You strike me as the kind of guy who would want to direct', and I took that as high praise."
Gordon-Levitt will appear in a number of high-profile movies coming out in 2012. They include Nolan's "The Dark Knight Rises", Johnson's "Looper", Spielberg's "Lincoln" and David Koepp's "Premium Rush". As for his co-star Johansson, she will be seen playing Black Widow in "The Avengers".
- Jaden and Willow Smith Want to Retire in 10 Years
- Nick Young Wants Chris Brown Out of Their Neighborhood: 'You're Making the Block Hot'
- New 'Jumanji' Film Adds Karen Gillan in Major Role
- Black Eyed Peas Remakes 'Where Is the Love' With Usher, Jaden Smith and More for Charity
- Emma Roberts Goes Topless for Mario Testino's Towel Series Shot
- Hot Mama! Bar Refaeli Flaunts Her Bikini Body Just Three Weeks After Giving Birth
- ABC Reveals Nick Viall as the Next Bachelor and Spoils the Result of His 'Paradise' Stint
- New 'Doctor Strange' Featurette Offers New Details About Ancient One, Mordo and Kaecilius