Madonna Will Tour Until Early 2013 for 'MDNA'
Madonna would be back on the road starting this May for a world tour that supports her new studio album "M.D.N.A.". The Queen of Pop has announced a number of dates, which will be her most extensive ever because she would visit Australia for the first time in twenty years and some other new markets.
The tour will kick off on May 29 in Tel Aviv, Israel and hit other 25 European markets, including London, Paris, Milan and Berlin, before hitting North American shores beginning August 28 in Philadelphia. She will perform in North America until before Thanksgiving, and then she will continue the trek to Latin America until the holidays. The tour will conclude in Australia in early 2013.
Held in partnership with Live Nation Global Touring, the tour will hit arenas, stadiums and unique outdoor sights such as the Plains of Abraham in Quebec. Tickets for the European dates are scheduled to go on sale beginning February 10 while tickets for the North American dates will be sold starting February 13.
"When I started working with her on the 2001 tour, she hadn't toured since the early '90s," CEO of Live Nation, Arthur Fogel, told Billboard. "The last tour was her biggest tour ever, it propelled her into the top-grossing tours of all time and was the top tour ever by a solo artist, and that was 25 years into her career. Whatever there is to be said, the facts speak for themselves: she's never been bigger, and she's a great performer with a great catalog and a great new record. She's one of those iconic legends at the top of her game."
Dates in the 2012 world tour can be seen on her official site.
More Madonna News
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Leaked Photo Reveals Spider-Man and Doctor Strange's Scene
- John McCain Is Diagnosed With Brain Cancer, Politicians Send Support
- Adele Is Struggling to Write New Album Because She Isn't 'Depressed' Enough
- Yoo Seung Ho Reveals He Enlisted to Military Because He Didn't Like Acting
- Meet Guillermo del Toro's Newest Creature in Dreamy First Trailer for 'The Shape of Water'