Nick Carter Slams Family for His Absence From Sister Leslie's Funeral
Five days after she passed away, Leslie Carter was laid to rest in a funeral that took place at Freay Funeral Home in Mayville, New York. While an intimate group of family members was seen among the 60 or 70 mourners in attendance, her brother Nick Carter was noticeably missing. He has since addressed his absence, holding his family responsible for it.
"I wanted to be at my sister's funeral, but my family has always had a complicated dynamic," the Backstreet Boys member explained in a statement released on Monday, February 6. "I love my family. I want to thank everyone for all of their compassion and support that I have received during this most difficult time."
The 32-year-old singer, who has himself battled alcohol and drug addiction, continued on, "There are so many emotions for me surrounding the loss of my sister. I am trying to stay healthy, positive and focused." Over the weekend, he hosted a party at The Pool After Dark at Harrah's Resort in Atlantic City, New Jersey after a performance in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Words have been swirling that Nick was not invited to the funeral, but his brother Aaron Carter was quick to set the record straight. "It was a beautiful service in memory of our sister Leslie. I wish Nick could have been there, but he had other obligations," he stated before stressing, "Anything stating Nick was uninformed of the funeral is untrue."
Leslie's burial service took place at roughly 4 P.M. on Sunday, February 5. It was held at Freay Funeral Home in Mayville, New York, near her father's home in which her body was found on January 31. Her official cause of death is still pending toxicology reports, but an incident report from the Chautauqua County sheriff revealed that she was found near three prescription drugs.
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl