Randy Travis Blames Super Bowl for Public Intoxication Arrest
Randy Travis is somewhat putting the blame for his Monday, February 6 arrest on Super Bowl. Shortly after news that he was busted on a charge of public intoxication in Sanger, Texas surfaced, the six-time Grammy winner issued a public apology and tried to reason why he got drunk in the first place.
"I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl," the 52-year-old country crooner said in a statement released to the press later that day. He went on to add that he took full responsibility for the incident. "I'm committed to being responsible and accountable," so he claimed, "and apologize for my actions."
Travis was arrested early Monday morning after he was found slurring his words and clutching an open bottle of wine in front of a church. He was transported to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., where he was booked and cited. He was released a short time later. It was said that the singer told police he'd had a fight with his girlfriend.
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date
- 'Their Finest' New Trailer Conveys Warmth Amid WWII
- First Trailer for Netflix's 'Burning Sands' Features Black Fraternity Hazing
- Meghan Trainor Empowers Women on New Song 'I'm a Lady'
- 'Fargo' Murders Santa Claus in First Season 3 Teaser
- Kim Kardashian Suffers Nip Slip in Racy Corset Top
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Slams People Complaining of Racist T-Shirt