Randy Travis Blames Super Bowl for Public Intoxication Arrest
Randy Travis is somewhat putting the blame for his Monday, February 6 arrest on Super Bowl. Shortly after news that he was busted on a charge of public intoxication in Sanger, Texas surfaced, the six-time Grammy winner issued a public apology and tried to reason why he got drunk in the first place.
"I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl," the 52-year-old country crooner said in a statement released to the press later that day. He went on to add that he took full responsibility for the incident. "I'm committed to being responsible and accountable," so he claimed, "and apologize for my actions."
Travis was arrested early Monday morning after he was found slurring his words and clutching an open bottle of wine in front of a church. He was transported to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., where he was booked and cited. He was released a short time later. It was said that the singer told police he'd had a fight with his girlfriend.
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs
- Jennifer Garner Appears to Be Crying During a Reunion With Ben Affleck
- Is Tupac Still Alive? Rapper's New Selfie Arrives 20 Years After His Death
- New 'Westworld' Trailer Sets Clear Distinction Between Reality and Fantasy
- New 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Highlights 'Fierce Female' Characters