Randy Travis Blames Super Bowl for Public Intoxication Arrest
Randy Travis is somewhat putting the blame for his Monday, February 6 arrest on Super Bowl. Shortly after news that he was busted on a charge of public intoxication in Sanger, Texas surfaced, the six-time Grammy winner issued a public apology and tried to reason why he got drunk in the first place.
"I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl," the 52-year-old country crooner said in a statement released to the press later that day. He went on to add that he took full responsibility for the incident. "I'm committed to being responsible and accountable," so he claimed, "and apologize for my actions."
Travis was arrested early Monday morning after he was found slurring his words and clutching an open bottle of wine in front of a church. He was transported to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., where he was booked and cited. He was released a short time later. It was said that the singer told police he'd had a fight with his girlfriend.
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns