Randy Travis Blames Super Bowl for Public Intoxication Arrest
Randy Travis is somewhat putting the blame for his Monday, February 6 arrest on Super Bowl. Shortly after news that he was busted on a charge of public intoxication in Sanger, Texas surfaced, the six-time Grammy winner issued a public apology and tried to reason why he got drunk in the first place.
"I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl," the 52-year-old country crooner said in a statement released to the press later that day. He went on to add that he took full responsibility for the incident. "I'm committed to being responsible and accountable," so he claimed, "and apologize for my actions."
Travis was arrested early Monday morning after he was found slurring his words and clutching an open bottle of wine in front of a church. He was transported to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., where he was booked and cited. He was released a short time later. It was said that the singer told police he'd had a fight with his girlfriend.
- Watch Spider-Man Make Quite an Entrance at 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Premiere
- Swimsuit-Clad Lea Michele Flashes Her Derriere During Hawaiian Getaway
- Big Bang's T.O.P Pleads Guilty to Illegal Marijuana Use: 'I Am Sincerely Embarrassed'
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story', '10 Cloverfield Lane' Are Big Winners in Film
- Saturn Awards 2017: 'Walking Dead', 'Westworld', 'Supergirl' Top TV Winners
- Adele Says She May Never Go on Tour Again
- Tyra Banks Is Reportedly Readying for Baby No. 2
- Kylie Jenner and Travis Scott Flaunt Couple Rings Amid Rumors He Cheats on Her With 10 Women