Randy Travis Blames Super Bowl for Public Intoxication Arrest
Randy Travis is somewhat putting the blame for his Monday, February 6 arrest on Super Bowl. Shortly after news that he was busted on a charge of public intoxication in Sanger, Texas surfaced, the six-time Grammy winner issued a public apology and tried to reason why he got drunk in the first place.
"I apologize for what resulted following an evening of celebrating the Super Bowl," the 52-year-old country crooner said in a statement released to the press later that day. He went on to add that he took full responsibility for the incident. "I'm committed to being responsible and accountable," so he claimed, "and apologize for my actions."
Travis was arrested early Monday morning after he was found slurring his words and clutching an open bottle of wine in front of a church. He was transported to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., where he was booked and cited. He was released a short time later. It was said that the singer told police he'd had a fight with his girlfriend.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed