Randy Travis Caught Boozing Near Church in Dallas
Randy Travis was caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. The country crooner was arrested by cops on Monday, February 6 morning in Dallas for public intoxication, booked to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., cited and released a short time later.
Sanger Police Department told TMZ that someone called the cops to report a suspicious vehicle near the church. The officers found the 52-year-old singer and the wine bottle when they checked out the scene near the church.
His arrest came less than a week before he launches a tour to commemorate his 25th year in music industry. Travis announced the 2012 North American tour earlier this month, planning to kick it off February 10 in Grand Ronde, Ore at Spirit Mountain Casino. The tour will take Travis all over the U.S. and Canada, with more than 30 stops on the way.
"I'm surprised at how fast the first 25 years have gone by. It feels like only five," he said in a press release announcing the 25th Anniversary Celebration Tour, "There's no better feeling than being on stage and the connection with a live audience."
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes