Randy Travis Caught Boozing Near Church in Dallas
Randy Travis was caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. The country crooner was arrested by cops on Monday, February 6 morning in Dallas for public intoxication, booked to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., cited and released a short time later.
Sanger Police Department told TMZ that someone called the cops to report a suspicious vehicle near the church. The officers found the 52-year-old singer and the wine bottle when they checked out the scene near the church.
His arrest came less than a week before he launches a tour to commemorate his 25th year in music industry. Travis announced the 2012 North American tour earlier this month, planning to kick it off February 10 in Grand Ronde, Ore at Spirit Mountain Casino. The tour will take Travis all over the U.S. and Canada, with more than 30 stops on the way.
"I'm surprised at how fast the first 25 years have gone by. It feels like only five," he said in a press release announcing the 25th Anniversary Celebration Tour, "There's no better feeling than being on stage and the connection with a live audience."
- A Little Too Early? Kourtney Kardashian Lets 4-Year-Old Daughter Penelope Wear a Lip Ring
- 'Gossip Girl' Alum Penn Badgley Marries Domino Kirke in Brooklyn Courthouse
- 'Dancing with the Stars': 'Glee' Star Heather Morris Joins Season 24, Some Pairings Are Revealed
- DJ Khaled Films Top Secret Video With Justin Bieber, Chance The Rapper and More
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet