Randy Travis Caught Boozing Near Church in Dallas
Randy Travis was caught with an open bottle of wine in front of a Baptist church. The country crooner was arrested by cops on Monday, February 6 morning in Dallas for public intoxication, booked to a nearby jail at around 1:30 A.M., cited and released a short time later.
Sanger Police Department told TMZ that someone called the cops to report a suspicious vehicle near the church. The officers found the 52-year-old singer and the wine bottle when they checked out the scene near the church.
His arrest came less than a week before he launches a tour to commemorate his 25th year in music industry. Travis announced the 2012 North American tour earlier this month, planning to kick it off February 10 in Grand Ronde, Ore at Spirit Mountain Casino. The tour will take Travis all over the U.S. and Canada, with more than 30 stops on the way.
"I'm surprised at how fast the first 25 years have gone by. It feels like only five," he said in a press release announcing the 25th Anniversary Celebration Tour, "There's no better feeling than being on stage and the connection with a live audience."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie