Harrison Ford Could Come Back as Rick Deckard in 'Blade Runner' Sequel
Harrison Ford could reprise his iconic role as Rick Deckard in upcoming "Blade Runner" sequel after all. Twitch reported that Ford has entered a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures to join the yet-to-be titled sci-fi movie project.
Twitch, however, noted that the talks are still in a very early phase. The site stated that "it is quite possible that things won't work out." Ford's casting news emerged in contrary to the previous report that he would not be involved in this untitled Blade Runner project.
Back in August 2011, Alcon Entertainment's Andrew Kosove told L.A. Times, "In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention and in my mind that means doing everything in fresh, including casting."
The original "Blade Runner" was released back in 1982 with Ford starring as male lead Deckard. Based on Philip K Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?", the movie is set in 2019 where the Earth is invaded by androids and replicants. Former detective Deckard is tasked to track down a group of particularly dangerous replicants.
The forthcoming sequel will bring back Ridley Scott to the directing seat. It is believed that this project will be Scott's next movie right after "Prometheus", though he already has some other gigs on his plate.
More Untitled Blade Runner Project News
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna