Harrison Ford Could Come Back as Rick Deckard in 'Blade Runner' Sequel
Harrison Ford could reprise his iconic role as Rick Deckard in upcoming "Blade Runner" sequel after all. Twitch reported that Ford has entered a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures to join the yet-to-be titled sci-fi movie project.
Twitch, however, noted that the talks are still in a very early phase. The site stated that "it is quite possible that things won't work out." Ford's casting news emerged in contrary to the previous report that he would not be involved in this untitled Blade Runner project.
Back in August 2011, Alcon Entertainment's Andrew Kosove told L.A. Times, "In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention and in my mind that means doing everything in fresh, including casting."
The original "Blade Runner" was released back in 1982 with Ford starring as male lead Deckard. Based on Philip K Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?", the movie is set in 2019 where the Earth is invaded by androids and replicants. Former detective Deckard is tasked to track down a group of particularly dangerous replicants.
The forthcoming sequel will bring back Ridley Scott to the directing seat. It is believed that this project will be Scott's next movie right after "Prometheus", though he already has some other gigs on his plate.
More Untitled Blade Runner Project News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris