Harrison Ford Could Come Back as Rick Deckard in 'Blade Runner' Sequel
Harrison Ford could reprise his iconic role as Rick Deckard in upcoming "Blade Runner" sequel after all. Twitch reported that Ford has entered a negotiation with Warner Bros. Pictures to join the yet-to-be titled sci-fi movie project.
Twitch, however, noted that the talks are still in a very early phase. The site stated that "it is quite possible that things won't work out." Ford's casting news emerged in contrary to the previous report that he would not be involved in this untitled Blade Runner project.
Back in August 2011, Alcon Entertainment's Andrew Kosove told L.A. Times, "In no way do I speak for Ridley Scott but if you're asking me will this movie have anything to do with Harrison Ford, the answer is no. This is a total reinvention and in my mind that means doing everything in fresh, including casting."
The original "Blade Runner" was released back in 1982 with Ford starring as male lead Deckard. Based on Philip K Dick's novel "Do Androids Dream Of Electric Sheep?", the movie is set in 2019 where the Earth is invaded by androids and replicants. Former detective Deckard is tasked to track down a group of particularly dangerous replicants.
The forthcoming sequel will bring back Ridley Scott to the directing seat. It is believed that this project will be Scott's next movie right after "Prometheus", though he already has some other gigs on his plate.
More Blade Runner 2049 News
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer