'Act of Valor' Super Bowl Spot Sees Real Navy SEALs on Heroic Duty
Hot on the heels of the freshly released Super Bowl spots from some big movies, Relativity Media unleashed the ad for its R-rated action "Act of Valor" during the football game on Sunday, February 5. The promo video showcases a nearly accurate portrayal of Navy SEALs operation as it features actual military personnel.
With Eminem's "Not Afraid" playing as the backsound, the footage not only sees the heroic sequences from the armed force, but it also uncovers their relationship with their family who are left home for duty.
An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, "Act of Valor" stars a group of active-duty Navy SEALs in a powerful story of contemporary global anti-terrorism. Inspired by true events, the film combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the minute battlefield technology and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure.
The film takes audiences deep into the secretive world of the most elite, highly trained group of warriors in the modern world. When the rescue of a kidnapped CIA operative leads to the discovery of a deadly terrorist plot against the U.S., a team of SEALs is dispatched on a worldwide manhunt.
As the valiant men of Bandito Platoon race to stop a coordinated attack that could kill and wound thousands of American civilians, they must balance their commitment to country, team and their families back home.
Directed and produced by Mike McCoy and Scott Waugh, "Act of Valor" will hit theaters across the U.S. on February 24.
- Blake Shelton and Debra Messing Have Twitter Spat Over Donald Trump
- Watch Orlando Bloom Go Fanboy Over Girlfriend Katy Perry at the DNC
- Adele Brings Her Drag Impersonator Onstage During Seattle Show
- Mary J. Blige Confirms She's Divorcing Husband Kendu Isaacs After 12 Years of Marriage
- 'New Girl' Really Loves Megan Fox, Brings Her Back for Major Season 6 Arc
- 'Suicide Squad' Confirms Another DC Superhero's Appearance
- Kim Kardashian Is Unrecognizable in These TBT Photos From the 2008 Teen Choice Awards
- Watch Katy Perry Rock the DNC With 'Rise' and 'Roar'