Melanie Amaro Wows King Elton John's Court in Extended Super Bowl Ad for Pepsi
A longer Pepsi ad featuring Melanie Amaro has hit the web, just in time for Super Bowl XLVI in which its short version debuts. It sees the winner of "The X Factor (US)" first season participating in King Elton John's talent show, which has claimed a number of victims. He sends the contestants to an underground prison for failing to please him.
With her big voice, Amaro puts John's misery to an end after he previously endured the boredom of listening to awkward contestants. She also gets the attention of all people in the court when belting out remix to Otis Redding's "Respect", which was popularized by Aretha Franklin. The king reluctantly hands her prize, but gets unexpected response.
"Basically I'm a singing princess warrior. And me being the singing princess warrior, I have to try to get the entire kingdom some of the sacred treasure," she told EW about the concert of the ad. "I have to go through the talent part of the being in front of the king at his court [to get the treasure], and my talent was, of course, to sing."
Amaro's version of "Respect" was released for digital download on iTunes days before Sunday, February 5 night of Super Bowl. Clarifying reports that it might be her first single, she wrote on Twitter, "Hey everyone, u all have been asking if #respect is my single to answer that question .... No its not it's the Pepsi commercial song."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival