Melanie Amaro Wows King Elton John's Court in Extended Super Bowl Ad for Pepsi
A longer Pepsi ad featuring Melanie Amaro has hit the web, just in time for Super Bowl XLVI in which its short version debuts. It sees the winner of "The X Factor (US)" first season participating in King Elton John's talent show, which has claimed a number of victims. He sends the contestants to an underground prison for failing to please him.
With her big voice, Amaro puts John's misery to an end after he previously endured the boredom of listening to awkward contestants. She also gets the attention of all people in the court when belting out remix to Otis Redding's "Respect", which was popularized by Aretha Franklin. The king reluctantly hands her prize, but gets unexpected response.
"Basically I'm a singing princess warrior. And me being the singing princess warrior, I have to try to get the entire kingdom some of the sacred treasure," she told EW about the concert of the ad. "I have to go through the talent part of the being in front of the king at his court [to get the treasure], and my talent was, of course, to sing."
Amaro's version of "Respect" was released for digital download on iTunes days before Sunday, February 5 night of Super Bowl. Clarifying reports that it might be her first single, she wrote on Twitter, "Hey everyone, u all have been asking if #respect is my single to answer that question .... No its not it's the Pepsi commercial song."
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5
- Kanye West and Everyone, Including Taylor Swift, Sleep Naked in His 'Famous' Video
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Confirms the Presence of A.R.G.U.S.
- Kendall Jenner Rocks Pixie Haircut at Givenchy Fashion Show With Bella Hadid and More
- Teresa Palmer Finds Someone's Name Carved in New 'Lights Out' Trailer
- Liam Hemsworth Defends His 2012 Engagement to Miley Cyrus
- Jamie Foxx's Wild Night Out: Boozing and Grinding With Mystery Women
- Listen to Jamie Lynn Spears' Comeback Single 'Sleepover'