Melanie Amaro Wows King Elton John's Court in Extended Super Bowl Ad for Pepsi
A longer Pepsi ad featuring Melanie Amaro has hit the web, just in time for Super Bowl XLVI in which its short version debuts. It sees the winner of "The X Factor (US)" first season participating in King Elton John's talent show, which has claimed a number of victims. He sends the contestants to an underground prison for failing to please him.
With her big voice, Amaro puts John's misery to an end after he previously endured the boredom of listening to awkward contestants. She also gets the attention of all people in the court when belting out remix to Otis Redding's "Respect", which was popularized by Aretha Franklin. The king reluctantly hands her prize, but gets unexpected response.
"Basically I'm a singing princess warrior. And me being the singing princess warrior, I have to try to get the entire kingdom some of the sacred treasure," she told EW about the concert of the ad. "I have to go through the talent part of the being in front of the king at his court [to get the treasure], and my talent was, of course, to sing."
Amaro's version of "Respect" was released for digital download on iTunes days before Sunday, February 5 night of Super Bowl. Clarifying reports that it might be her first single, she wrote on Twitter, "Hey everyone, u all have been asking if #respect is my single to answer that question .... No its not it's the Pepsi commercial song."
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Recap: Which Pairs Win Immunity in Face-Off Week?
- Rob Kardashian Tweets Kylie's Number as He Blasts His Family for Snubbing Blac Chyna
- Report: Drake Is Actually Gay and His Rihanna Romance Is Fake
- Tom Holland Spotted Filming 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in NYC Subway
- Audrina Patridge Shares Sweet Photo of Her Breastfeeding Her Daughter
- 'Will and Grace' Stars Reunite for Hillary Clinton Endorsement Video
- Ariana Grande Reveals Her Desire to Go Country