Clint Eastwood Gives America a Pep Talk in Chrysler Super Bowl Ad
Chrysler has once again celebrated the city of Detroit in its Super Bowl ad, and this year, it enlisted the help of Clint Eastwood. In a two-minute commercial aired during the halftime, the man behind "J. Edgar" delivers some motivational words to America about finding a way through tough times.
"How do we come from behind? How do we come together? And how do we win? Detroit's showing us it can be done," the 81-year-old actor/director says as footage of Detroit autoworkers grace the screen. "And what's true about them is true about all of us. This country can't be knocked out with one punch."
"We'll get back up again and when we do, the world's gonna hear the roar of our engines. Yeah. It's halftime, America. And our second half's about to begin," Eastwood proclaims near the end of the ad before the "Imported from Detroit" slogan takes over.
Minutes after the "Halftime In America" spot was aired, Chrysler's competitor, Chevrolet, took to Twitter to express gratitude, "Thank you for your trust in America. From the heart of Detroit to your homes, we feel the same way."
Last year, Chrysler teamed up with Eminem for its Super Bowl ad. In it, Slim Shady takes viewers in a gritty tour of his hometown, Detroit, with his hit single "Lose Yourself" playing in the background. When a narrator asked, "What does a city that's been to hell and back know about luxury?", the rapper answered, "This is the Motor City. And this is what we do."
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2