Clint Eastwood Gives America a Pep Talk in Chrysler Super Bowl Ad
Chrysler has once again celebrated the city of Detroit in its Super Bowl ad, and this year, it enlisted the help of Clint Eastwood. In a two-minute commercial aired during the halftime, the man behind "J. Edgar" delivers some motivational words to America about finding a way through tough times.
"How do we come from behind? How do we come together? And how do we win? Detroit's showing us it can be done," the 81-year-old actor/director says as footage of Detroit autoworkers grace the screen. "And what's true about them is true about all of us. This country can't be knocked out with one punch."
"We'll get back up again and when we do, the world's gonna hear the roar of our engines. Yeah. It's halftime, America. And our second half's about to begin," Eastwood proclaims near the end of the ad before the "Imported from Detroit" slogan takes over.
Minutes after the "Halftime In America" spot was aired, Chrysler's competitor, Chevrolet, took to Twitter to express gratitude, "Thank you for your trust in America. From the heart of Detroit to your homes, we feel the same way."
Last year, Chrysler teamed up with Eminem for its Super Bowl ad. In it, Slim Shady takes viewers in a gritty tour of his hometown, Detroit, with his hit single "Lose Yourself" playing in the background. When a narrator asked, "What does a city that's been to hell and back know about luxury?", the rapper answered, "This is the Motor City. And this is what we do."
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?