Celebrities Reveal Their Pick for 2012 Super Bowl Winner, Sarah Jessica Parker Not Interested
Embracing the Super Bowl XLVI spirit, many celebrities have shared which side they are rooting for. Katharine McPhee and Larry King are among those siding with the New York Giants, the likes of Jessica Simpson and Arnold Schwarzenegger pick the New England Patriots as the winner, while Sarah Jessica Parker is simply not interested.
Of the Sunday, February 5 game, "Smash" star McPhee said, "I went to school in Boston and now I live in New York, and my whole crew in New York will be mad if I don't root for the Giants." Meanwhile, King made his prediction as saying, "Today is the big day! Can't wait to watch the Super Bowl. My prediction: Giants win."
Simpson, on the other hand, spilled, "We were really sad the Niners aren't here right now - Eric [Johnson] played for the Niners - but he's from Boston, so we're going with the Patriots." The "Come on Over" singer further explained why she won't cheer for the Giants, "And I'm a Cowboys fan, so I cannot root for the Giants!"
Schwarzenegger even shared his prediction for the final score. "New England, 31-24," the former California governor said. "I can't pick against my neighbor, especially when he is playing at such a high level." He added, "Tom Brady will be the Super Bowl MVP."
Others rooting for the Giants included "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe, actress Alyssa Milano, rocker Joan Jett and wrestling legend Hulk Hogan. Meanwhile, the Patriots have Melissa Joan Hart, Conan O'Brien and Kellan Lutz among others as supporters.
Parker, whose husband Matthew Broderick become Internet sensation with his Ferris Bueller-themed Honda CR-V ad, however couldn't care less who will win. In an interview with USA Today, she said, "I can tell you honesty, I will not be watching the football game. I have absolutely no interest."
"How long does (the game) last? Up to four hours? Really?" the "Lovelace" actress went on to ask. She then stated, "If I had four hours of leisure time, I would watch the first episode of 'Luck' and start the first season of 'Mad Men' or 'Downton Abbey'. You get my point."
More Katharine McPhee News
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger