Celebrities Reveal Their Pick for 2012 Super Bowl Winner, Sarah Jessica Parker Not Interested
Embracing the Super Bowl XLVI spirit, many celebrities have shared which side they are rooting for. Katharine McPhee and Larry King are among those siding with the New York Giants, the likes of Jessica Simpson and Arnold Schwarzenegger pick the New England Patriots as the winner, while Sarah Jessica Parker is simply not interested.
Of the Sunday, February 5 game, "Smash" star McPhee said, "I went to school in Boston and now I live in New York, and my whole crew in New York will be mad if I don't root for the Giants." Meanwhile, King made his prediction as saying, "Today is the big day! Can't wait to watch the Super Bowl. My prediction: Giants win."
Simpson, on the other hand, spilled, "We were really sad the Niners aren't here right now - Eric [Johnson] played for the Niners - but he's from Boston, so we're going with the Patriots." The "Come on Over" singer further explained why she won't cheer for the Giants, "And I'm a Cowboys fan, so I cannot root for the Giants!"
Schwarzenegger even shared his prediction for the final score. "New England, 31-24," the former California governor said. "I can't pick against my neighbor, especially when he is playing at such a high level." He added, "Tom Brady will be the Super Bowl MVP."
Others rooting for the Giants included "Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe, actress Alyssa Milano, rocker Joan Jett and wrestling legend Hulk Hogan. Meanwhile, the Patriots have Melissa Joan Hart, Conan O'Brien and Kellan Lutz among others as supporters.
Parker, whose husband Matthew Broderick become Internet sensation with his Ferris Bueller-themed Honda CR-V ad, however couldn't care less who will win. In an interview with USA Today, she said, "I can tell you honesty, I will not be watching the football game. I have absolutely no interest."
"How long does (the game) last? Up to four hours? Really?" the "Lovelace" actress went on to ask. She then stated, "If I had four hours of leisure time, I would watch the first episode of 'Luck' and start the first season of 'Mad Men' or 'Downton Abbey'. You get my point."
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics
- Kanye West and Kim Kardashian Live Under Different Roofs After He's Released From Hospital
- Jeremih Allegedly Sends a Body Double to Perform for Him in Houston
- Twitter Trolls Respond to Amy Schumer's 'Barbie' Casting With Fat-Shaming Comments