L.A. Reid Reportedly Locked for 'X Factor' Season 2
The report that L.A. Reid is returning to the next season of "The X Factor (US)" is getting stronger. The Epic Records chairman reportedly signed the contract on Friday, February 3 to secure his place as a judge on the second season of the singing talent show.
The other two judges, Nicole Scherzinger and Paula Abdul have received the boot, so has the debut season's host, Steve Jones. Reid survived the cut reportedly because he was the one shining throughout the first season with his honest opinion and no-hesitation attitude. Some said that Reid is even nastier than producer Simon Cowell.
THR also said in its report that a female artist is soon to be added, but it won't be Beyonce Knowles. However, there's a possibility that Mariah Carey is the one being seriously considered by the producers for the judging panel next year. Sometime ago, she was allegedly in final negotiations to be a mentor on the show.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival