Nick Carter Gets Emotional at First Concert Since Sister's Death
Everyone has their own way in dealing with the loss of a loved one, and Nick Carter chose to focus his energy on his work. On Thursday night, February 2, the Backstreet Boys member was back on stage. During one of his sets, he paid homage to Leslie Carter, the sister he just lost.
Nick grabbed a guitar and somberly said, "I never thought I'd ever have to, but I'd like to dedicate this song to my sister." He delivered an emotional rendition of his song "Falling Down", and reportedly tried to hold back his tears throughout the song. The emotional set caused some people in the crowd to cry.
Earlier in the night, Nick treated the concertgoers with tracks from his recent solo album "I'm Taking Off". He also did renditions of other artists' songs like U2's "With or Without You" and Rod Stewart's "Do Ya Think I'm Sexy". In between the setlist, he got flirty by flashing his bicep tattoos under his jacket. "You guys are naughty and you know it," he said.
Leslie Carter died on Tuesday, January 31 in upstate New York. In the wake of her passing, Nick Carter said he would dedicate his remaining shows to her. "Performing is cathartic to me and I am dedicating the rest of my tour to my sister since she loved to watch me perform," he said.
Nick will rejoin BSB and New Kids On The Block for NKOTBSB tour this spring.
More Nick Carter News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story