Adam Levine Hits Back at Randy Jackson for Dissing 'The Voice'
The war of words between "The Voice" and "American Idol" is brewing again. When Ellen DeGeneres invites Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and Blake Shelton to her daytime talk show, the Maroon 5 frontman fires back at Randy Jackson for dissing the NBC reality series during the recent TCA press tour.
"Randy said that 'The Voice' is basically kind of a second-chance place. People that don't get in someplace else go to 'The Voice'," the female host reminds the three "Voice" coaches of Randy's statement. "I heard about this. Shame on Randy Jackson for saying that," Adam quickly responds, which is apparently agreed by the audience.
"Because he, out of anybody, should know that if you're in this business you need second, third, fourth and fifth chances. So we love and embrace that being part of the show," the rocker continues defending his show.
While crediting Randy as "a working musician for a long time and had a lot of success," Adam thinks that "the show 'Idol' kind of blew him out of the water." The 32-year-old musician additionally points out, "And he is a household name now. It was an irresponsible thing to say that."
Last month, "Idol" judge Randy dubbed "Voice" as a competition for "second chance people" rather than about true musical discoveries. "The winner [Javier Colon] of 'The Voice', I will remind you, was an artist who had a deal at Capitol Records for several years, a failed contract," so the record producer noted.
"The Ellen DeGeneres Show" featuring the "Voice" coaches will air Friday, February 3 on NBC. As for "Voice", it will debut its second season this Sunday, February 5 after the Super Bowl telecast.
Blake Shelton, meanwhile, has shared a sneak peek to Super Bowl ad for the singing competition when stopping by "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". In the promo, Blake and Adam Levine are seen showing off some martial art skills as the country music crooner teased, "There's fighting and it's karate and it's awesome."
"The Voice" coaches on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show":
A preview of "The Voice" Super Bowl ad:
More The Voice News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics