Melanie Amaro Samples Aretha Franklin in New Song 'Respect'
Melanie Amaro has released a new song called "Respect". The singer, who found her fame after winning the inaugural season of "The X Factor (US)", samples Aretha Franklin's classic of the same title, and revamps the soulful ballad into a disco jam.
The song has been released for digital download on iTunes. It will be featured on Pepsi's commercial that will see her sharing screen with Elton John and will debut during the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI on February 5.
"Basically I'm a singing princess warrior. And me being the singing princess warrior, I have to try to get the entire kingdom some of the sacred treasure," she told EW about the concert of the ad. "I have to go through the talent part of the being in front of the king at his court [to get the treasure], and my talent was, of course, to sing."
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'