Melanie Amaro Samples Aretha Franklin in New Song 'Respect'
Melanie Amaro has released a new song called "Respect". The singer, who found her fame after winning the inaugural season of "The X Factor (US)", samples Aretha Franklin's classic of the same title, and revamps the soulful ballad into a disco jam.
The song has been released for digital download on iTunes. It will be featured on Pepsi's commercial that will see her sharing screen with Elton John and will debut during the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI on February 5.
"Basically I'm a singing princess warrior. And me being the singing princess warrior, I have to try to get the entire kingdom some of the sacred treasure," she told EW about the concert of the ad. "I have to go through the talent part of the being in front of the king at his court [to get the treasure], and my talent was, of course, to sing."
- Kylie Jenner Wraps Her Body With Real Snake in Sneak Peek of Sexy 2017 Calendar
- Lady GaGa Shares Kindness With the Help of Taylor Kinney and Her Mom
- Shia LaBeouf Unleashes New Freestyle in Response to Soulja Boy's Threats
- Nicki Minaj Gets Heavily Criticized for Making Fun of Mentally Ill Woman
- 'The Mummy' Director on Whether Tom Cruise's Character Dies in the First Trailer
- 'Westworld' Showrunners Address Evil Dolores and Ford's Fate
- Justin Bieber Announces 2017 U.S. Stadium Tour Dates
- Blac Chyna Seems to Diss Kylie Jenner and Tyga on Snapchat. Is This Khloe's Response?