Melanie Amaro Samples Aretha Franklin in New Song 'Respect'
Melanie Amaro has released a new song called "Respect". The singer, who found her fame after winning the inaugural season of "The X Factor (US)", samples Aretha Franklin's classic of the same title, and revamps the soulful ballad into a disco jam.
The song has been released for digital download on iTunes. It will be featured on Pepsi's commercial that will see her sharing screen with Elton John and will debut during the upcoming Super Bowl XLVI on February 5.
"Basically I'm a singing princess warrior. And me being the singing princess warrior, I have to try to get the entire kingdom some of the sacred treasure," she told EW about the concert of the ad. "I have to go through the talent part of the being in front of the king at his court [to get the treasure], and my talent was, of course, to sing."
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test
- Jinger Duggar Is Engaged to Former Pro Soccer Player Jeremy Vuolo
- Jimmy Page Breaks Silence on Led Zeppelin's 'Stairway to Heaven' Plagiarism Trial
- James Corden's 'Carpool Karaoke' Turned Into Series on Apple
- Ariana Grande Splits From Ricky Alvarez After 1 Year of Dating
- Lionel Messi Goes Platinum Blonde and Internet Just Can't Handle It
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub