Josh Radnor Will Assume Narrator Duties in 'HIMYM' Series Finale
"How I Met Your Mother" is yet to meet its end this season, but a scoop from its series finale has been unveiled. Executive producer Craig Thomas recently revealed that Josh Radnor will take over the narrator duties from Bob Saget in the final episode of the show.
Gushing that it would be "the most awkward transition in series television", Thomas added that the Ted Mosby depicter will be seen in some makeup because the baton passing would be set far into the future. Saget, who has been narrating the show since the first season, has never appeared in front of camera.
"When I watched the end of the last Harry Potter [movie] I had such respect for what a problem that was to just jump ahead and look so much older, [because] we might be staring into the barrel of a makeup situation at some point," Thomas shared on the challenge they'll face.
The series finale aside, "HIMYM" is currently having its best season so far. The seventh season garners the best ratings they've ever been, up 19% from last season. It additionally has the youngest average audience on the network's primetime schedule. Commenting on this, Thomas told The Associated Press, "There's almost no scientific explanation and we couldn't have counted on that."
- Chris Evans' Steve Rogers Is No Longer Captain America in MCU, Russo Brothers Confirm
- 'Blade Runner 2' Set Collapses, Killing Construction Worker
- Scott Eastwood Makes Emotional Phone Call to Father of His Ex Who Died in Car Crash
- Snoop Dogg and Wiz Khalifa Sued by Victims of Collapsed Railing at Their Concert
- Homeland Security on the Hunt for Those Who Hacked Leslie Jones' Website
- Check Out Christina Grimmie's Third Posthumous Music Video for 'Deception'
- Amber Heard Slams Johnny Depp for Directly Sending Her Settlement Money to Charities
- The Rock Topples Robert Downey Jr. From Top Spot on List of Highest-Paid Actors 2016