Conservative Group Wants JC Penney to Fire Ellen DeGeneres for Being Gay
Conservative group called One Million Moms (OMM) are persuading JC Penney to fire their newly-minted spokesperson Ellen DeGeneres because she's openly gay. The issue has spread around like fire with the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) launching an online petition to support DeGeneres.
OMM is a project of American Family Association. On its official site, they wrote, "Their marketing strategy is to help families shop and receive a good value for their money. Degeneres is not a true representation of the type of families that shop at their store. The majority of JC Penney shoppers will be offended and choose to no longer shop there. ...JC Penney has made a poor decision and must correct their mistake fast to retain loyal customers and not turn away potential new, conservative shoppers with the company's new vision."
GLAAD's representative Herndon Graddick commented on the boycott attempt, "Selecting an out performer who has inspired and entertained millions is not only a smart business practice, but a reflection of how LBGT Americans today are an integral and valued part of the fabric of our culture."
DeGeneres used to be an employee of the retail giant before Hollywood happened. The company's CEO Ron Johnson, said about the selection of DeGeneres, "I think Ellen is someone we all trust. She's lovable, likable, honest and funny, but at her soul, we trust her."
On a side note, OMM also attacked Macy's for putting up an ad where there's "cake topper of two men instead of the traditional man and woman".
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC