Russell Crowe Eyed to Tackle Lead Roles in Both 'Noah' and 'Robocop'
Russell Crowe could add more A-list movie projects on his list in the near future. After landing a role as Superman's Kryptonian father in "Man of Steel", the Oscar-winning actor is now reportedly eyed to star in two high-profile movies, "Noah" and "Robocop" reboot.
Deadline reported that Crowe has been courted by "Black Swan" director Darren Aronofsky to take on the lead role of prophet Noah in his movie. It is said that the filmmaker also has his eyes on Liam Neeson for another undisclosed part.
Before Crowe is rumored being eyed for the coveted part, Christian Bale was once tapped to star as Noah. However, the lead actor in "The Dark Knight Rises" turned the project down, and Michael Fassbender was considered to take that role earlier in December 2011.
Along with the news that Crowe is circling the biblical project, Variety's Jeff Sneider unveiled on his Twitter account that the "Gladiator" thesp has also been courted to star in Jose Padilha's upcoming "Robocop" reboot movie. "Sure, Russell Crowe, MIGHT star in Aronofsky's NOAH... but do you know what else he MIGHT star in? Three words: Ro. Bo. Cop.," so Sneider tweeted.
The rumored casting news aside, Crowe has just secured a role in Oscar-winning scribe Akiva Goldsman's directorial debut, "Winter's Tale". Vulture reported that the New Zealand-born actor along with Will Smith has landed supporting roles in the fantasy movie, which follows a thief, a dying girl and a flying white horse in 19th Century and contemporary Manhattan.
UPDATE (February 3, 2012 01:07 GMT): Clarifying the rumors of his casting in "Robocop" reboot, Russell Crowe took to his Twitter account on Wednesday, February 1 and claimed "no" when a fan asked if he would sign on to the Jose Padilha project.
More Noah News
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars