Russell Crowe Eyed to Tackle Lead Roles in Both 'Noah' and 'Robocop'
Russell Crowe could add more A-list movie projects on his list in the near future. After landing a role as Superman's Kryptonian father in "Man of Steel", the Oscar-winning actor is now reportedly eyed to star in two high-profile movies, "Noah" and "Robocop" reboot.
Deadline reported that Crowe has been courted by "Black Swan" director Darren Aronofsky to take on the lead role of prophet Noah in his movie. It is said that the filmmaker also has his eyes on Liam Neeson for another undisclosed part.
Before Crowe is rumored being eyed for the coveted part, Christian Bale was once tapped to star as Noah. However, the lead actor in "The Dark Knight Rises" turned the project down, and Michael Fassbender was considered to take that role earlier in December 2011.
Along with the news that Crowe is circling the biblical project, Variety's Jeff Sneider unveiled on his Twitter account that the "Gladiator" thesp has also been courted to star in Jose Padilha's upcoming "Robocop" reboot movie. "Sure, Russell Crowe, MIGHT star in Aronofsky's NOAH... but do you know what else he MIGHT star in? Three words: Ro. Bo. Cop.," so Sneider tweeted.
The rumored casting news aside, Crowe has just secured a role in Oscar-winning scribe Akiva Goldsman's directorial debut, "Winter's Tale". Vulture reported that the New Zealand-born actor along with Will Smith has landed supporting roles in the fantasy movie, which follows a thief, a dying girl and a flying white horse in 19th Century and contemporary Manhattan.
UPDATE (February 3, 2012 01:07 GMT): Clarifying the rumors of his casting in "Robocop" reboot, Russell Crowe took to his Twitter account on Wednesday, February 1 and claimed "no" when a fan asked if he would sign on to the Jose Padilha project.
- Fifth Harmony's Ally Brooke Falls After Ambushed by Fan on Stage
- Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds Welcome Their Second Child
- Producer Says Daniel Craig Is Still the 'First Choice' for Next James Bond Movie
- All One Directioners, Except Zayn Malik, Congratulate Niall Horan on His First Solo Single
- Megan Fox Steps Out for First Time Since Giving Birth to Her Third Child
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed