New 'Hunger Games' Photo: Cinna Encouraging Katniss in Critical Moment
Cinna is seen trying to comfort Katniss Everdeen during a critical time in a freshly released image of "The Hunger Games". Being released via Rolling Stone, the brand new still gives a look at the two key characters holding each other closely during what seems to be the last minutes before the deadly games begin.
While Jennifer Lawrence plays the part of heroine Katniss, veteran musician Lenny Kravitz tackles the role of her designer best friend, Cinna. During an interview with the magazine, Kravitz opened up about what has pulled him to the high-profile movie.
"I thought it was really good storytelling," the father of young actress Zoe Kravitz explained. "I'm very much into stories. The character was interesting. I like [director] Gary [Ross]'s previous work. And I said, Yeah, let's go."
Speaking of Cinna, the designer for Katniss and Peeta who creates the stylish outfits for the two District 12 Tributes, Kravitz said, "He's very streamlined, he's very quiet." He continued on, "He knows what he'd doing. He's confident. He's got a big heart. I just liked the way he moved, very smooth."
The singer-turned-actor admitted that the character somehow reflects himself as an artist. "It's about me, as it should be," he said. Still, he noted, "But in this case, it's got nothing to do with me. It's about a director's vision, a character, and I really like that."
In "The Hunger Games", Katniss replaces her little sister Prim in a fight-to-the-death annual event sponsored by the Panem government. Pitted against highly-trained competitors who have prepared for these games their entire lives, Katniss is forced to rely upon her sharp instincts as well as the mentorship of drunken former victor Haymitch Abernathy to survive in the game.
Also supporting the highly anticipated novel-adapted movie are Josh Hutcherson as Peeta, Liam Hemsworth as Gale Hawthorne, Woody Harrelson as Haymitch, Elizabeth Banks as Effie Trinket, and Willow Shields as Prim. The film is slated for a March 23 release in the U.S., while its follow-up "Catching Fire" will open nationwide on November 22, 2013.
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame