Reba McEntire Slams Death Hoax: I Am Alive and Kicking
Reba McEntire has apparently fallen victim to an Internet death hoax. Words spread recently that the "Consider Me Gone" hitmaker fell to her death while filming a movie in Kitzbuhel, Austria, but the country crooner herself was quick to deny the rumors through a statement she released on her Twitter account.
"There is a rumor going around that I died after falling off a mountain in Austria yesterday while shooting a movie," so she wrote on Tuesday, January 31. "While I would love to be shooting a movie in Austria, I definitely did not fall off a mountain! Nor am I dead! I am alive and kicking!!! Most of you know this already because I've been giving you daily accounts of Shelby's race. Oh well. Have a great day."
The death hoax surfaced through Global Associated News. In its report, the site noted, "Preliminary reports from Austrian Police officials indicate that the actress fell more than 100 feet to her death in a remote area of the Hahnenkamm mountains while on-set during the filming of a movie."
Global Associated News itself has been responsible for other celebrity death hoaxes. Jeff Goldblum was once reported to have fallen off a cliff in New Zealand, while Adam Sandler, Charlie Sheen, Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson were victims to death reports involving snowboarding accidents.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked