Confirmed: Adele Will Perform at 2012 Grammys
Adele is ready to sing in public for the first time since her throat surgery. The "Chasing Pavement" singer has confirmed on her Twitter that she would perform at the 54th Grammy Awards which will be held on February 12 and broadcast by CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
"Ima be, Ima be singing at the Grammys. It's been so long I started to forget I was a singer! I can't wait, speak soon xx," she tweeted on Tuesday, January 31 afternoon. Adele is also a nominee at the biggest music event, clutching six nods including Song of the Year and Album of the Year.
There were rumors that she would be put as the opening act of the awards ceremony but this has not been announced. Executive producer Ken Ehrlich told Billboard on Thursday that they were still in negotiation with Adele, which means the deal is fresh. "There are four numbers this year that will probably affect the live audience that are done with the TV audience in mind," he emphasized.
The Grammys will also feature such artists as The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay, Rihanna, Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce