Confirmed: Adele Will Perform at 2012 Grammys
Adele is ready to sing in public for the first time since her throat surgery. The "Chasing Pavement" singer has confirmed on her Twitter that she would perform at the 54th Grammy Awards which will be held on February 12 and broadcast by CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
"Ima be, Ima be singing at the Grammys. It's been so long I started to forget I was a singer! I can't wait, speak soon xx," she tweeted on Tuesday, January 31 afternoon. Adele is also a nominee at the biggest music event, clutching six nods including Song of the Year and Album of the Year.
There were rumors that she would be put as the opening act of the awards ceremony but this has not been announced. Executive producer Ken Ehrlich told Billboard on Thursday that they were still in negotiation with Adele, which means the deal is fresh. "There are four numbers this year that will probably affect the live audience that are done with the TV audience in mind," he emphasized.
The Grammys will also feature such artists as The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay, Rihanna, Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.
- Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo Are Asked to Tie the Knot at 'DotS' Theme Park
- New Couple Alert! Brooklyn Beckham and Madison Beer Are Dating
- 'Gambit' Is Being Reworked Following Success of 'Deadpool' and 'Logan'
- Rob Kardashian Returns to Twitter to Post Photo of Daughter Dream
- 'Home Alone' Actor John Heard Dies at 72
- Comic-Con: 'The Walking Dead' First Season 8 Trailer Teases Major Time Jump
- Jeremy Meeks and Chloe Green Make Out During L.A. Coffee Run: We Are in Love
- Beyonce's Madame Tussauds Wax Figure 'Adjusted' After Whitewashing Controversy