Confirmed: Adele Will Perform at 2012 Grammys
Adele is ready to sing in public for the first time since her throat surgery. The "Chasing Pavement" singer has confirmed on her Twitter that she would perform at the 54th Grammy Awards which will be held on February 12 and broadcast by CBS from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
"Ima be, Ima be singing at the Grammys. It's been so long I started to forget I was a singer! I can't wait, speak soon xx," she tweeted on Tuesday, January 31 afternoon. Adele is also a nominee at the biggest music event, clutching six nods including Song of the Year and Album of the Year.
There were rumors that she would be put as the opening act of the awards ceremony but this has not been announced. Executive producer Ken Ehrlich told Billboard on Thursday that they were still in negotiation with Adele, which means the deal is fresh. "There are four numbers this year that will probably affect the live audience that are done with the TV audience in mind," he emphasized.
The Grammys will also feature such artists as The Band Perry, Blake Shelton, Jason Aldean, Kelly Clarkson, Coldplay, Rihanna, Foo Fighters, Bruno Mars, Nicki Minaj and Taylor Swift.
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Amazon Adapting Martin Scorsese's 'The Departed' Into TV series
- Emma Stone Sings Sad Heartbreak Song in New 'La La Land' Teaser Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Joins Ryan Murphy's 'Feud' as Late Actress Geraldine Page
- Shannen Doherty Settles Health Insurance Lawsuit With Ex-Manager Amid Cancer Battle