Drake Insists Common Feud Is Not 'Hip-Hop Moment', but Ploy for Attention
Drake doesn't share Common's opinion when the G.O.O.D Music rapper described their feud as "the art of rhyming." The Young Money MC, who previously called the beef as a publicity stunt, stands his ground by insisting that what happened between them was a scheme to hype up the release of a certain album.
"Despite how it's been worded by him that situation is not a 'hip hop moment' or a 'battle for the sake of musical integrity'," Drizzy told Nah Right. "It's a ploy for attention around the release of an album." Since he believed it's just a promotional scheme, the "Best I Ever Had" rhymer said he won't respond to what his opponent said in his latest diss record.
The Canadian rapper continued on sharing his thoughts, "More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn't a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story."
More Drake News
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics