Drake Insists Common Feud Is Not 'Hip-Hop Moment', but Ploy for Attention
Drake doesn't share Common's opinion when the G.O.O.D Music rapper described their feud as "the art of rhyming." The Young Money MC, who previously called the beef as a publicity stunt, stands his ground by insisting that what happened between them was a scheme to hype up the release of a certain album.
"Despite how it's been worded by him that situation is not a 'hip hop moment' or a 'battle for the sake of musical integrity'," Drizzy told Nah Right. "It's a ploy for attention around the release of an album." Since he believed it's just a promotional scheme, the "Best I Ever Had" rhymer said he won't respond to what his opponent said in his latest diss record.
The Canadian rapper continued on sharing his thoughts, "More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn't a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story."
More Drake News
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos