Jenifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper to Reunite for Film Adaptation of 'Serena'
After starring together in "The Silver Linings Playbook", Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper will reunite for another high-profile film project. Vulture reported that the two A-listers have just been tapped to take on the lead roles in a big screen adaptation of Ron Rash's acclaimed period novel, "Serena".
The story is set in the rugged mountains of 1929 North Carolina. It centers on a man named George Pemberton and his new bride, Serena, as they build a timber empire. Serena not only takes to the woods, but she also urges her husband to commit more and more ruthless acts. When she learns she can't bear a child, she sets out to murder her husband' illegitimate son.
Before Lawrence signed on to the movie, Angelina Jolie was originally tapped to star in it with "Black Swan" helmer Darren Aronofsky serving behind the lens. Since Jolie and Aronofsky bailed out of the project, Susan Bier, the director of Oscar-winning drama "In a Better World", takes over the helming duty.
Lawrence will next be seen starring in another highly anticipated novel adaptation, "The Hunger Games". She is also set to kick off the production of "Catching Fire" this July. As for Cooper, his upcoming movie projects include "Paradise Lost" and "The Hangover Part III".
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West