Lana Del Rey Defends Her 'SNL' Performance: 'I Sang Fine'
Lana Del Rey finally broke her silence about her much-criticized performance on "Saturday Night Live". The internet meme told Rolling Stone that despite what people thought about her show, she "actually felt good about it." She gushed, "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine."
Del Rey furthermore insisted, "It felt OK." She recalled what people on the set said about her performance, "The cast and crew said they loved it." She, however, was quick to add, "I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that."
When asked if she's comfortable on the stage, Del Rey admitted, "I'm nervous." The "Video Games" singer elaborated her statement, "I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange."
Of the backlash she received lately, she shrugged it off. "It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it," she stated.
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'