Lana Del Rey Defends Her 'SNL' Performance: 'I Sang Fine'
Lana Del Rey finally broke her silence about her much-criticized performance on "Saturday Night Live". The internet meme told Rolling Stone that despite what people thought about her show, she "actually felt good about it." She gushed, "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine."
Del Rey furthermore insisted, "It felt OK." She recalled what people on the set said about her performance, "The cast and crew said they loved it." She, however, was quick to add, "I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that."
When asked if she's comfortable on the stage, Del Rey admitted, "I'm nervous." The "Video Games" singer elaborated her statement, "I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange."
Of the backlash she received lately, she shrugged it off. "It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it," she stated.
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'
- Leslie Jones' Nude Photos and Personal Information Leaked After Her Website Got Hacked
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef