Lana Del Rey Defends Her 'SNL' Performance: 'I Sang Fine'
Lana Del Rey finally broke her silence about her much-criticized performance on "Saturday Night Live". The internet meme told Rolling Stone that despite what people thought about her show, she "actually felt good about it." She gushed, "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine."
Del Rey furthermore insisted, "It felt OK." She recalled what people on the set said about her performance, "The cast and crew said they loved it." She, however, was quick to add, "I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that."
When asked if she's comfortable on the stage, Del Rey admitted, "I'm nervous." The "Video Games" singer elaborated her statement, "I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange."
Of the backlash she received lately, she shrugged it off. "It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it," she stated.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March