Lana Del Rey Defends Her 'SNL' Performance: 'I Sang Fine'
Lana Del Rey finally broke her silence about her much-criticized performance on "Saturday Night Live". The internet meme told Rolling Stone that despite what people thought about her show, she "actually felt good about it." She gushed, "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine."
Del Rey furthermore insisted, "It felt OK." She recalled what people on the set said about her performance, "The cast and crew said they loved it." She, however, was quick to add, "I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that."
When asked if she's comfortable on the stage, Del Rey admitted, "I'm nervous." The "Video Games" singer elaborated her statement, "I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange."
Of the backlash she received lately, she shrugged it off. "It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it," she stated.
- Nicolas Cage Spotted Kissing Mystery Woman After Splitting From His Wife
- Video Premiere: Blake Shelton's 'She's Got a Way With Words'
- DC Superheroes Line Up for Duty in New 'Justice League' Concept Art
- Jay Leno Survives a Terrifying Accident While Filming His Car Show
- Kylie Jenner Wears Tyga's Sweatshirt Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama