Lana Del Rey Defends Her 'SNL' Performance: 'I Sang Fine'
Lana Del Rey finally broke her silence about her much-criticized performance on "Saturday Night Live". The internet meme told Rolling Stone that despite what people thought about her show, she "actually felt good about it." She gushed, "I thought I looked beautiful and sang fine."
Del Rey furthermore insisted, "It felt OK." She recalled what people on the set said about her performance, "The cast and crew said they loved it." She, however, was quick to add, "I know some people didn't like it, but that's just the way I perform, and my fans know that."
When asked if she's comfortable on the stage, Del Rey admitted, "I'm nervous." The "Video Games" singer elaborated her statement, "I'm not a natural performer or exhibitionist. When I was younger, I hated the focus, and it made me feel strange."
Of the backlash she received lately, she shrugged it off. "It's nothing new. When I walk outside, people have something to say about it. It wouldn't have mattered if I was absolutely excellent. People don't have anything nice to say about this project. I'm sure that's why you're writing about it," she stated.
More Lana Del Rey News
- Kylie Jenner and Tyga Make Out in New Alexander Wang Promo
- Brad Pitt Cancels Red Carpet Appearance Due to 'Family Situation'
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce