Julian Assange to Guest Voice on 'The Simpsons' 500th Episode
"The Simpsons" are going to make a connection with Julian Assange. The founder of secret-spilling site WikiLeaks is set to lend his voice for the 500th episode of the FOX animated comedy series, in which he will play himself.
Entertainment Weekly, which broke the news, reported that the milestone episode will follow Homer and Marge as they discover "the residents of Springfield are holding a secret town meeting to kick them out of Springfield for all of their shenanigans over the years."
Thus, "the Simpsons go off the grid to this very rugged place where they meet [Assange], who's sort of their new Flanders," executive producer Al Jean shared. Assange's character lives next door to the Simpsons. "He invites them over for a home movie and it's an Afghan wedding being bombed," Jean further revealed.
The Australian internet activist, who is still under house arrest, has recorded his guest spot over the summer from a location unknown to "The Simpsons" producers, with Jean directing him remotely from Los Angeles.
The 500th episode will air Sunday, February 19. Jean teased that there will be more guests in the outing as saying, "There are a couple of other cameos that are more familiar to fans of the show. And much less controversial."
Beside the "Simpsons" gig, Assange is set to make his foray into television world by hosting a talk show which is set to air in March on RT, an English-language Russian TV network. On the new show, he will conduct interviews with "key political players, thinkers and revolutionaries from around the world."
Photo from "The Simpsons" 500th episode:
More The Simpsons News
- Sienna Miller Still Cares 'Enormously' for Ex-Fiance Jude Law
- Zendaya Coleman Criticized for Posting This Racy Picture
- Jay-Z Is Featured on Pusha T's New Track 'Drug Dealers Anonymous'
- Michael Bay Unveils 'Transformers: The Last Knight' Villain
- Meek Mill and 50 Cent Show Support for Troy Ave After Irving Plaza Shooting
- Drake Gets 'Lovey Dovey' With Hailey Baldwin at His Memorial Day Party
- Josh Duhamel Reveals Fergie Will Release New Album This Week and Go on Tour Next Year
- 'Pitch Perfect 3' Release Pushed Back to Winter 2017