Jack White Premieres New Solo Single, to Release Debut Album in April
Jack White has a solo project and he's going to release it soon. As a first taste of the album, the former lead singer of The White Stripes releases its new single called "Love Interruption". The song gives chilling sound as its mild electric guitar riffs collide with its violent lyrics.
"I want love to grab my fingers gently/ slam them in a doorway, put my face into the ground," Jack croons. "I want love to murder my own mother/ and take her off to somewhere, like hell or up above." Faint sound of a female singer backing him up in the background fuels the eerie vibes of the song.
Jack releases the track for digital download on Monday night, January 30. Its vinyl version featuring non-album B-side "Machine Gun Silhouette", meanwhile, will be made available for purchase on February 7. The album titled "Blunderbuss" is going to follow on April 24.
"I've put off making records under my own name for a long time but these songs feel like they could only be presented under my name. These songs were written from scratch, had nothing to do with anyone or anything else but my own expression, my own colors on my own canvas," he said of the CD.
The solo album announcement came a year after the White Stripes broke up. Jack and his former wife Meg, who played drums in the band, confirmed they would officially cease recording and performing music as the White Stripes in February 2011. They dropped their last album "Icky Thump" in 2007.
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger