Danny Gokey Ties the Knot Again Three Years After First Wife's Tragic Death
Danny Gokey has once again become a married man. The singer, who finished third on season 8 of "American Idol", wed his fiancee, model Leyicet Peralta, in a small ceremony in Florida on Sunday, January 29. The pair exchanged their vows before 100 of their family and friends, PEOPLE reported.
Expressing their joy, the newlyweds said in a statement, "We are so thankful to have found each other and now be able to spend the rest of our lives together. We pray our gratitude grows more every day because there is so much for us to do now." About the wedding itself, they said that its theme was "romance and love."
Gokey's wedding came three years after he lost his first wife Sophia who died after undergoing a routine surgery for congenital heart disease in 2008. In exchange of gifts, he and his new wife Peralta asked guests to make a donation to Sophia's Heart, the children's charity founded by Gokey to honor his late wife.
31-year-old Gokey and 25-year-old Peralta announced their engagement on the Sophia's Heart website back in December 2011. "[Gokey] is thrilled to have found [Peralta] who also shares his passion and desire to help children and families in need," a message on the site regarding the engagement read.
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service