Oprah Winfrey NOT Godmother to Beyonce Knowles' Baby Girl
Contrary to previous reports, Oprah Winfrey is not a godmother to Beyonce Knowles's daughter Blue Ivy Carter. On Friday, January 27, Winfrey's close friend Gayle King set the record straight on "CBS This Morning", saying, "It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother."
"She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away," King explained. "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
The rumor itself was brought to attention by Media Take Out earlier this week. The publication claimed that Jay-Z and his wife have chosen Winfrey and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith to be their baby girl's godmother and godfather respectively.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Kristin Cavallari Will Not Watch 'The Hills' Re-Runs Because It's 'Brutal'
- Kirsten Storms Breaks Silence on Her Temporary 'General Hospital' Leave
- Jesse Eisenberg Confirms He Will Return for 'Justice League'
- Sam Mendes Confirms He Won't Direct the Next James Bond Movie
- Keira Knightley's Acting in 'Begin Again' Gets Criticized by Director
- Gwen Stefani and Blake Shelton Take Her Birthday Son to Indianapolis 500
- Ariana Grande Cancels Rock in Rio Performance Due to Throat and Sinus Infection
- Johnny Depp's Ex Vanessa Paradis and Daughter Lily-Rose Defend Him Amid Amber Heard Drama