Oprah Winfrey NOT Godmother to Beyonce Knowles' Baby Girl
Contrary to previous reports, Oprah Winfrey is not a godmother to Beyonce Knowles's daughter Blue Ivy Carter. On Friday, January 27, Winfrey's close friend Gayle King set the record straight on "CBS This Morning", saying, "It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother."
"She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away," King explained. "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
The rumor itself was brought to attention by Media Take Out earlier this week. The publication claimed that Jay-Z and his wife have chosen Winfrey and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith to be their baby girl's godmother and godfather respectively.
- Taylor Swift Makes Donation to Hospital That Saved Her Godson
- Daniel Radcliffe Eyed for 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child' Movie Trilogy
- Mary J. Blige to Guest Star on 'How to Get Away with Murder'
- Ryan Reynolds Paid 'Deadpool' Screenwriters With His Own Money
- Rob Kardashian Finally Opens Up on Why He Ditched Kim Kardashian's Wedding
- Drake and Rihanna Nuzzling and Holding Hands in Miami
- 'Stranger Things' Officially Renewed for Season 2 - Watch the Teaser Here!
- Chris Stapleton, Carrie Underwood, Keith Urban Lead Nominations for 2016 CMA Awards