Oprah Winfrey NOT Godmother to Beyonce Knowles' Baby Girl
Contrary to previous reports, Oprah Winfrey is not a godmother to Beyonce Knowles's daughter Blue Ivy Carter. On Friday, January 27, Winfrey's close friend Gayle King set the record straight on "CBS This Morning", saying, "It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother."
"She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away," King explained. "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
The rumor itself was brought to attention by Media Take Out earlier this week. The publication claimed that Jay-Z and his wife have chosen Winfrey and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith to be their baby girl's godmother and godfather respectively.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce