Oprah Winfrey NOT Godmother to Beyonce Knowles' Baby Girl
Contrary to previous reports, Oprah Winfrey is not a godmother to Beyonce Knowles's daughter Blue Ivy Carter. On Friday, January 27, Winfrey's close friend Gayle King set the record straight on "CBS This Morning", saying, "It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother."
"She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away," King explained. "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
The rumor itself was brought to attention by Media Take Out earlier this week. The publication claimed that Jay-Z and his wife have chosen Winfrey and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith to be their baby girl's godmother and godfather respectively.
More Oprah Winfrey News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell