Oprah Winfrey NOT Godmother to Beyonce Knowles' Baby Girl
Contrary to previous reports, Oprah Winfrey is not a godmother to Beyonce Knowles's daughter Blue Ivy Carter. On Friday, January 27, Winfrey's close friend Gayle King set the record straight on "CBS This Morning", saying, "It's absolutely not true that she's the godmother."
"She's friends with them, of course, and likes them both very much. She's working on sending them a baby gift. She hasn't even had time to send a baby gift because she's been away," King explained. "Let me just say, if (that report is) true, it is news to her. It is news to her. You know, she was heading to South Africa when the baby was born."
The rumor itself was brought to attention by Media Take Out earlier this week. The publication claimed that Jay-Z and his wife have chosen Winfrey and Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith to be their baby girl's godmother and godfather respectively.
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Seen for the First Time Since Military Enlistment - See the Pic
- Kourtney Kardashian Bares Her Bum in Thong Bikini - See the Racy Pic
- Lily Collins Shares Cute Throwback Pic and Fans Just Can't Handle It
- 'America's Got Talent' Season 12 First Look: Tyra Banks Makes Debut as New Host
- PSY Proves He Hasn't Changed at All as He Shares Funny Childhood Photo
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Ample Cleavage as She Cuddles Up to Bryan Tanaka
- Paris Hilton Gushes Over Romance With Chris Zylka: 'I'm in a Serious Relationship'
- 'The Emoji Movie' Defeats 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' in Social Media Buzz