'Toddlers and Tiaras' Mother to Clear Daughter Name With Lawsuit Against Media Outlets
A "Toddlers & Tiaras" mother is waging a legal war against media outlets over stories about her 5-year-old daughter's club performance. On Tuesday, January 24, Susanna Barrett filed a $30 million libel suit against the parent companies of TMZ, the Huffington Post, London's Daily Mail in Manhattan Supreme Court.
In her suit, Susanna stated that the online articles published by the three sites "brazenly attempt to sexualize" Isabella by "claiming she was gyrating in a nightclub and singing about her sex appeal". She pointed out that her 5-year-old "did not understand the concept of sex, let alone 'sex appeal' and could not have been singing about her own sex appeal."
Susanna complained, "On the contrary, it is the defendants who, through their articles, have thrust these false and vulgar characteristics on to Isabella. As a result, Isabella is now perceived sexually, erotically and pornographically." She added that the articles "have placed Isabella in serious physical danger, attracting the attention of others who would seek to sexualize a child."
A video of Isabella covering LMFAO's "Sexy and I Know It" originally came out via TMZ with claim that it was taken at a nightclub. Susanna, however, clarified to CNN that they were actually at "a pet friendly charity event at an American bistro restaurant in New York City at 7:19 P.M. It was a private well-lit event with vendor tables and pets in attendance."
In her statement, Susanna further said, "After this firestorm, I quickly protected my daughter by having cease and desist orders sent to most media outlets that ran the story. I intend to clear my daughter's name."
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?
- 'World War Z 2' Will Likely Reunite David Fincher and Brad Pitt
- Kourtney Kardashian's Looking for 'More Loyal Soulmate' as She's 'So Over' Scott Disick