Amber Portwood Could Escape Jail Sentence in Probation Violation Case
Amber Portwood is stepping closer to get her freedom back. The "Teen Mom" star is staring down a five-year prison sentence after being arrested on December 19, 2011 for allegedly violating her probation, but her plea deal for the case may give her option to avoid serving any time behind bar at all.
TMZ reported that the 21-year-old struck a plea deal that required her to plea guilty to one count of possession of a controlled substance and one count of probation violation. As part of the agreement, she will have the case dismissed if she successfully completes a court-mandated drug rehabilitation program.
However, the mother of one will immediately be sent to prison to begin serving a five-year sentence should she fail to comply with the terms of the plea deal. A February 6 hearing will determine whether or not the judge approve the deal. In the meantime, the MTV star remains in custody.
Portwood, who was arrested for felony charges of domestic battery and neglect in December 2010, spent another Christmas behind bars after being accused of violating several terms of her probation, including failing to submit a drug test, failing to complete her anger management classes and failing to deposit $10,000 into an education fund for her toddler daughter, Leah.
- Warren Beatty Is the New Steve Harvey After Oscar Best Picture Flub
- New 'Doctor Who' Season 10 Trailer Features New Companion
- Oscars 2017 Winner List: Emma Stone Wins Best Actress, 'Moonlight' Is Best Picture
- Nicki Minaj and Trey Songz Involved in Twitter Feud After Remy Ma's Diss Track
- Oscars 2017: 'La La Land' Wins Big, Casey Affleck Is Best Actor
- Remy Ma Calls Out Nicki Minaj on New Diss Track 'ShETHER'
- Beast Is Kicked Out of Castle by Gaston in 'Beauty and the Beast' Academy Awards TV Spot
- Marriage on the Rocks? Hugh Jackman and Deborra-Lee Furness Are Living 'Separate Lives'