Steve-O Slapped With Negligence Lawsuit for Karaoke Injury
Steve-O has found himself on the other end of a lawsuit because of an alleged karaoke injury. The "Jackass" star was on Thursday, January 26 slapped with a negligence suit by Susanne Ohman, who claims she got seriously injured after participating on an upcoming show he hosts, "Killer Karaoke".
In the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles County Superior Court, Ohman said that on the day she was taping for the show back in October 2011, contestants were sprayed with liquid while they sing as a form of distraction. When she finished her performance, she tried to step off the stage, but slipped since there was no mats, grips or any other method to steady herself.
Because of the fall, Ohman "fractured and damaged her tibia, patella, ligaments, knee, leg, bones, and injured her muscles, bone, circulatory system and body." She has since had to undergo surgery and is still expected to go under the knife in the future.
Ohman also names the show's producers Zodiak USA and Argyle Productions in her suit. She is seeking general damages, including medical costs for the past, present and future; damages for emotional distress, mental suffering and anguish; compensation for loss of earnings; and for the cost of the suit. It is also noted that her husband is also suing Steve for "loss of consortium".
"Killer Karaoke" is a TruTv singing competition that is based on the British series "Sing If You Can". In the show, contestants are required to continue singing while various attempts are made to disrupt their performances.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics