Pat Sajak: I Did Okay Despite Getting Drunk While Hosting 'Wheel of Fortune'
Having hosted "Wheel of Fortune" for more than 30 years, Pat Sajak recently admitted that he was not always sober in front of camera. "When I first started and was much younger and could tolerate those things," the 65-year-old began his shocking confession in an interview with ESPN2's "Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable".
"We had a different show then. You didn't win money. You won fake money with which you could buy cheesy prizes," he explained. He went on revealing that he and letter-turner Vanna White would head to a nearby Mexican restaurant in Burbank during two-hour dinner breaks and take a few shots of margarita.
"Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet," the veteran host continued sharing the story from his early days hosting the game show. "They're really great tapes to get a hold of."
When asked if him getting drunk made the show better or worse, Sajak claimed, "I had a great time. I have no idea if the shows were any good, but no one said anything, so I guess I did OK." However, he "would be hesitant to have anything to drink now" as admitting, "If I were to inhale the cork of a bottle of wine, I'd probably keel over."
- G-Dragon Promises Big Bang Will Reunite as 5 Members
- Jay Park Signs With Roc Nation
- Justin Bieber Banned From China Over His 'Bad Behavior'
- Kim Kardashian Is 'Furious' After Video of Her Partying Hard Exposed
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Tasha McCauley Welcome Second Child
- Celebrities Who Regret Getting Plastic Surgery
- JYJ's Park Yoochun's Fiancee Allegedly Wants to Break Off Engagement
- Kingsman Teams Up With Statesman in New 'The Golden Circle' Red Band Trailer