Pat Sajak: I Did Okay Despite Getting Drunk While Hosting 'Wheel of Fortune'
Having hosted "Wheel of Fortune" for more than 30 years, Pat Sajak recently admitted that he was not always sober in front of camera. "When I first started and was much younger and could tolerate those things," the 65-year-old began his shocking confession in an interview with ESPN2's "Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable".
"We had a different show then. You didn't win money. You won fake money with which you could buy cheesy prizes," he explained. He went on revealing that he and letter-turner Vanna White would head to a nearby Mexican restaurant in Burbank during two-hour dinner breaks and take a few shots of margarita.
"Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet," the veteran host continued sharing the story from his early days hosting the game show. "They're really great tapes to get a hold of."
When asked if him getting drunk made the show better or worse, Sajak claimed, "I had a great time. I have no idea if the shows were any good, but no one said anything, so I guess I did OK." However, he "would be hesitant to have anything to drink now" as admitting, "If I were to inhale the cork of a bottle of wine, I'd probably keel over."
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen