Pat Sajak: I Did Okay Despite Getting Drunk While Hosting 'Wheel of Fortune'
Having hosted "Wheel of Fortune" for more than 30 years, Pat Sajak recently admitted that he was not always sober in front of camera. "When I first started and was much younger and could tolerate those things," the 65-year-old began his shocking confession in an interview with ESPN2's "Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable".
"We had a different show then. You didn't win money. You won fake money with which you could buy cheesy prizes," he explained. He went on revealing that he and letter-turner Vanna White would head to a nearby Mexican restaurant in Burbank during two-hour dinner breaks and take a few shots of margarita.
"Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet," the veteran host continued sharing the story from his early days hosting the game show. "They're really great tapes to get a hold of."
When asked if him getting drunk made the show better or worse, Sajak claimed, "I had a great time. I have no idea if the shows were any good, but no one said anything, so I guess I did OK." However, he "would be hesitant to have anything to drink now" as admitting, "If I were to inhale the cork of a bottle of wine, I'd probably keel over."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie