Pat Sajak: I Did Okay Despite Getting Drunk While Hosting 'Wheel of Fortune'
Having hosted "Wheel of Fortune" for more than 30 years, Pat Sajak recently admitted that he was not always sober in front of camera. "When I first started and was much younger and could tolerate those things," the 65-year-old began his shocking confession in an interview with ESPN2's "Dan Le Batard is Highly Questionable".
"We had a different show then. You didn't win money. You won fake money with which you could buy cheesy prizes," he explained. He went on revealing that he and letter-turner Vanna White would head to a nearby Mexican restaurant in Burbank during two-hour dinner breaks and take a few shots of margarita.
"Vanna and I would go across and have two or three or six and then come and do the last shows and have trouble recognizing the alphabet," the veteran host continued sharing the story from his early days hosting the game show. "They're really great tapes to get a hold of."
When asked if him getting drunk made the show better or worse, Sajak claimed, "I had a great time. I have no idea if the shows were any good, but no one said anything, so I guess I did OK." However, he "would be hesitant to have anything to drink now" as admitting, "If I were to inhale the cork of a bottle of wine, I'd probably keel over."
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story