'Captain America' Sequel to Start Filming This Year, Followed by a Nick Fury Movie
The question when a sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" will begin its production might have been answered. Neal McDonough, who plays Dum Dum Dugan in the first film, has revealed that the anticipated follow-up movie is ready to kick off filming by the end of 2012. Not only that, he also teased that a possible Nick Fury movie is underway.
"Yeah, they're planning [to go into production] for the end of this year, because Marvel does one film at a time," he said in a recent interview with IMDB Television. "So they're going to do 'Thor 2' and as soon as 'Thor' has wrapped, they'lle do 'Cap 2'."
While talking about "Captain America 2", McDonough opened up that Marvel Studios has also been preparing a standalone Nick Fury movie. "Hopefully right after that, we'll jump into Nick Fury because that's the one I'm looking forward to more than anything," he gushed.
"Because it'll be me and Samuel L. Jackson. In the real Marvel universe, Dum Dum Dugan is Nick Fury's right hand man...," the actor said before adding that he hopes the Nicky Fury film will have a 70s' setting.
"And I just pray that they have a 1970s setting, because I want to see Sam Jackson with lambchops kicking people's a**es for Marvel universe," he added. "It would just be awesome. And to work with Sam would be a treat. We've become friendly over the years."
In "Captain America: The First Avengers", which was released on July 22, 2011, Chris Evans portrayed the titular superhero. He is set to reprise his role for the sequel, which has sealed scribe duo Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus to provide the screenplay.
Back in June last year, McFeely unveiled some plot details of "Captain America 2". He said, "The story will likely be in the present day. We're experimenting with flashback elements for more period World War II stuff. I can't say much more than that but we made it baggy enough to refer to more stories in the past."
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed