'Captain America' Sequel to Start Filming This Year, Followed by a Nick Fury Movie
The question when a sequel to "Captain America: The First Avenger" will begin its production might have been answered. Neal McDonough, who plays Dum Dum Dugan in the first film, has revealed that the anticipated follow-up movie is ready to kick off filming by the end of 2012. Not only that, he also teased that a possible Nick Fury movie is underway.
"Yeah, they're planning [to go into production] for the end of this year, because Marvel does one film at a time," he said in a recent interview with IMDB Television. "So they're going to do 'Thor 2' and as soon as 'Thor' has wrapped, they'lle do 'Cap 2'."
While talking about "Captain America 2", McDonough opened up that Marvel Studios has also been preparing a standalone Nick Fury movie. "Hopefully right after that, we'll jump into Nick Fury because that's the one I'm looking forward to more than anything," he gushed.
"Because it'll be me and Samuel L. Jackson. In the real Marvel universe, Dum Dum Dugan is Nick Fury's right hand man...," the actor said before adding that he hopes the Nicky Fury film will have a 70s' setting.
"And I just pray that they have a 1970s setting, because I want to see Sam Jackson with lambchops kicking people's a**es for Marvel universe," he added. "It would just be awesome. And to work with Sam would be a treat. We've become friendly over the years."
In "Captain America: The First Avengers", which was released on July 22, 2011, Chris Evans portrayed the titular superhero. He is set to reprise his role for the sequel, which has sealed scribe duo Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus to provide the screenplay.
Back in June last year, McFeely unveiled some plot details of "Captain America 2". He said, "The story will likely be in the present day. We're experimenting with flashback elements for more period World War II stuff. I can't say much more than that but we made it baggy enough to refer to more stories in the past."
- Oscar Accountants Issue an Apology Over Best Picture Blunder
- Halle Berry Rocks Big Curly Locks at the Academy Awards
- 'Batman v Superman', 'Hillary's America' Are Top Losers at Razzie Awards
- Nicole Kidman Passionately Kisses Keith Urban as He Naughtily Grabs Her Bum on Oscars' Red Carpet
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.12 Sneak Peeks: More Guns, More People, More Time
- President Donald Trump to Skip White House Correspondents' Dinner Following Tension With Press
- 'Cars 3' New Extended Teaser Introduces the Next Generation of Racers
- Lea Michele Gets Naked in Bed With a Guy Before Oscars