Michael Jackson Immortalized in Handprint Ceremony, Justin Bieber Gives Emotional Tribute
Michael Jackson has his legacy immortalized in cement outside Grauman's Chinese Theater on Hollywood Boulevard. The late King of Pop had his iconic silver sequined glove and shiny black shoes pressed into a slab of concrete in a hand and footprint ceremony taking place on Thursday, January 26.
Helping to make an imprint of MJ's hand and feet was his three children, Prince, Paris and Blanket. The trio also added their own handprints to the cement which has the "Thriller" hitmaker's named scrawled into. It was reported that Paris added a heart in between Michael and Jackson.
During the ceremony, MJ's oldest son Prince said, "My dad won the lifetime achievement award. It was an award he strived and worked the hardest to get but for me, and I think for him as well, this right here is his lifetime achievement award." He added, "This is what he strived to get and this is what we are giving him now today."
Beside MJ's three children, the Thursday ceremony was also attended by the late singer's mother Katherine Jackson as well as other stars, including Justin Bieber, Quincy Jones, Smokey Robinson and Chris Tucker. Bieber, in particular, got emotional when paying tribute to the "Beat It" singer, calling him "an inspiration" before performing "Rockin' Robin".
The hour-long ceremony was hosted by MJ's estate. Aside from spoken tributes and musical performances, it also featured a performance by the cast of Cirque du Soleil's "Michael Jackson: The Immortal World Tour".
MJ's hand and foot prints will be placed alongside other Hollywood legends, including Clark Gable, Marilyn Monroe and Sidney Poitier, outside the iconic Hollywood theater. His Hollywood Walk of Fame star, meanwhile, is located on the sidewalk in front of the theater.
More Michael Jackson News
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young
- Zack Snyder Hints at Deathstroke's Cameo in 'Justice League'
- Kim Kardashian Ditches Panties in Jaw-Dropping Look at Paris Fashion Week
- Britney Spears Feels Great in Her 30s Because Her 20s Were 'Horrible'
- Listen to Niall Horan's First Solo Single 'This Town' Here!
- Kim Kardashian Is Sick of Taylor Swift Question: 'I'm So Over It'
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!