Video: Catherine Willows' Tearful Farewell With Her 'CSI' Team
Marg Helgenberger has had her last episode on "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" aired on Wednesday, January 25. As it had been predicted, the outing saw an emotional scene as Marg's character Catherine Willows bids farewell to her team mates.
"There comes a point in one's life in which one feels compelled to make a change," she tearfully announces her resignation in front of Brass, Sara, Nick and more. It turns out that [SPOILER ALERT!] she gets an offer to work with the FBI and she decides to take it.
"You are all family. Which is why... this is the hardest decision I've ever made. I mean, how can I leave this place? How can I leave all of you?" Catherine adds. "Even though you're leaving, you'll always be here with us. Always," Nick responds before they all share a hug with Catherine.
Opening up about her reason to quit "CSI", Marg recently told The Hollywood Reporter, "I instinctively felt it was time to end that chapter of my career... I don't have the energy at 53 that I did when I started this show at 41. In that 12-year span, there were lots of changes in my life."
Asked what she will do next, the Emmy-nominated actress claimed she has nothing lined up yet. Still, she revealed, "I've been in meetings - a possible television series. I'd like to do some movies. Doing a musical comedy would be a lot of fun."
Following Marg's departure, the long-running crime drama series will introduce Elisabeth Shue as her replacement. Her character Julie Finlay will be first featured in February.
- Lil' Kim Cancels Performance at Essence Festival
- Tyga Romances Blonde Beauty in '1 of 1' Music Video
- David Foster's Daughters: Yolanda Hadid Is Not Dying If She Continues to Be on Reality Show
- Alexander Skarsgard Laughs Off Wedding Plan Rumor
- Judi Dench Gets Her First Tattoo at Her 81st Birthday
- Keri Russell Reveals Her Baby's Gender and Name
- Debby Ryan Gets Probation After Pleading No Contest to DUI
- Justin Bieber Falls Again on Stage During His Concert