Simon Cowell and Will Smith Team Up for DJ Talent-Search Show
Simon Cowell, the mastermind behind "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent", is crafting another talent-search show. His SYCO Entertainment has announced a partnership with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's Overbrook Entertainment to launch a reality competition series searching for the world's greatest DJs.
"We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people," Simon said in a statement. "As soon as I met Jada and Miguel from Overbrook, I knew they would be our ideal partners. DJs are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show."
Jada chimed in, "This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent. I am happy to be creating it alongside Simon Cowell, the Sony team, and my partner Miguel Melendez, on behalf of the Overbrook family."
The yet-to-be-titled competition show is expected to be broadcast on both U.K. and U.S. TV networks, but which networks that will air it are yet to be announced. In a tweet, Simon further explained his role on the upcoming reality show as writing, "I will NOT be judging this show."
More Simon Cowell News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story