Simon Cowell and Will Smith Team Up for DJ Talent-Search Show
Simon Cowell, the mastermind behind "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent", is crafting another talent-search show. His SYCO Entertainment has announced a partnership with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's Overbrook Entertainment to launch a reality competition series searching for the world's greatest DJs.
"We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people," Simon said in a statement. "As soon as I met Jada and Miguel from Overbrook, I knew they would be our ideal partners. DJs are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show."
Jada chimed in, "This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent. I am happy to be creating it alongside Simon Cowell, the Sony team, and my partner Miguel Melendez, on behalf of the Overbrook family."
The yet-to-be-titled competition show is expected to be broadcast on both U.K. and U.S. TV networks, but which networks that will air it are yet to be announced. In a tweet, Simon further explained his role on the upcoming reality show as writing, "I will NOT be judging this show."
More Simon Cowell News
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?
- 'Big Brother 18': And the First Evicted Houseguest Is...
- Check Out Details of Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston's 'Intimate' Dinner in Nashville