Simon Cowell and Will Smith Team Up for DJ Talent-Search Show
Simon Cowell, the mastermind behind "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent", is crafting another talent-search show. His SYCO Entertainment has announced a partnership with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's Overbrook Entertainment to launch a reality competition series searching for the world's greatest DJs.
"We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people," Simon said in a statement. "As soon as I met Jada and Miguel from Overbrook, I knew they would be our ideal partners. DJs are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show."
Jada chimed in, "This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent. I am happy to be creating it alongside Simon Cowell, the Sony team, and my partner Miguel Melendez, on behalf of the Overbrook family."
The yet-to-be-titled competition show is expected to be broadcast on both U.K. and U.S. TV networks, but which networks that will air it are yet to be announced. In a tweet, Simon further explained his role on the upcoming reality show as writing, "I will NOT be judging this show."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia