Simon Cowell and Will Smith Team Up for DJ Talent-Search Show
Simon Cowell, the mastermind behind "The X Factor" and "America's Got Talent", is crafting another talent-search show. His SYCO Entertainment has announced a partnership with Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith's Overbrook Entertainment to launch a reality competition series searching for the world's greatest DJs.
"We have been working on this show for over a year and we wanted to partner with the right people," Simon said in a statement. "As soon as I met Jada and Miguel from Overbrook, I knew they would be our ideal partners. DJs are the new rock stars, it feels like the right time to make this show."
Jada chimed in, "This show will comb the world to find a new breed of talent. I am happy to be creating it alongside Simon Cowell, the Sony team, and my partner Miguel Melendez, on behalf of the Overbrook family."
The yet-to-be-titled competition show is expected to be broadcast on both U.K. and U.S. TV networks, but which networks that will air it are yet to be announced. In a tweet, Simon further explained his role on the upcoming reality show as writing, "I will NOT be judging this show."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival