'Beauty and the Beast' Reimagination Ordered to Pilot by ABC
After launching "Once Upon a Time" last fall, ABC is planning another fairytale-themed show. The Disney-owned network has just given a pilot order to "Beauty and the Beast", which is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast."
The Alphabet's "Beauty and the Beast" has Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") serving as the writer. Gary Fleder ("Life Unexpected") and Mary Beth Basile ("October Road"), meanwhile, are on-board to executive produce the project, which is reportedly being eyed as a potential companion for "Once Upon a Time" in the Sunday slot.
In addition to ABC's version, The CW is currently also developing another "Beauty and the Beast" project. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The CW has given a greenlight to the pilot earlier this month.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special