'Beauty and the Beast' Reimagination Ordered to Pilot by ABC
After launching "Once Upon a Time" last fall, ABC is planning another fairytale-themed show. The Disney-owned network has just given a pilot order to "Beauty and the Beast", which is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast."
The Alphabet's "Beauty and the Beast" has Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") serving as the writer. Gary Fleder ("Life Unexpected") and Mary Beth Basile ("October Road"), meanwhile, are on-board to executive produce the project, which is reportedly being eyed as a potential companion for "Once Upon a Time" in the Sunday slot.
In addition to ABC's version, The CW is currently also developing another "Beauty and the Beast" project. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The CW has given a greenlight to the pilot earlier this month.
- First Minute of 'Pretty Little Liars' Season 7B Premiere Lands Online
- Kim Kardashian Reacts to Baby No. 3 Bombshell, Says Surrogacy Is Also an Option
- Find Out Why Kourtney Kardashian Won't Date a Rapper or Athlete Like Her Sisters
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Teaser Is Out, Captain America Will Make a Cameo
- Report: Kim Kardashian Gets in Top Shape to Prepare for Single Life Without Kanye West
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 3 Thins the Herd as Some Singers Are Sent Back Home
- Jared Padalecki and Wife Welcome Baby Girl - See the First Photo
- Scarlett Johansson Talks Dating Again as She Thinks Gordon Ramsay 'Is the Hottest Guy'