'Beauty and the Beast' Reimagination Ordered to Pilot by ABC
After launching "Once Upon a Time" last fall, ABC is planning another fairytale-themed show. The Disney-owned network has just given a pilot order to "Beauty and the Beast", which is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast."
The Alphabet's "Beauty and the Beast" has Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") serving as the writer. Gary Fleder ("Life Unexpected") and Mary Beth Basile ("October Road"), meanwhile, are on-board to executive produce the project, which is reportedly being eyed as a potential companion for "Once Upon a Time" in the Sunday slot.
In addition to ABC's version, The CW is currently also developing another "Beauty and the Beast" project. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The CW has given a greenlight to the pilot earlier this month.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March