'Beauty and the Beast' Reimagination Ordered to Pilot by ABC
After launching "Once Upon a Time" last fall, ABC is planning another fairytale-themed show. The Disney-owned network has just given a pilot order to "Beauty and the Beast", which is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast."
The Alphabet's "Beauty and the Beast" has Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") serving as the writer. Gary Fleder ("Life Unexpected") and Mary Beth Basile ("October Road"), meanwhile, are on-board to executive produce the project, which is reportedly being eyed as a potential companion for "Once Upon a Time" in the Sunday slot.
In addition to ABC's version, The CW is currently also developing another "Beauty and the Beast" project. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The CW has given a greenlight to the pilot earlier this month.
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert