'Beauty and the Beast' Reimagination Ordered to Pilot by ABC
After launching "Once Upon a Time" last fall, ABC is planning another fairytale-themed show. The Disney-owned network has just given a pilot order to "Beauty and the Beast", which is described as "a fantastical reimagining of the classic fairy tale set in a mythical, dangerous world wherein a beautiful and tough Princess discovers an unlikely connection with a mysterious beast."
The Alphabet's "Beauty and the Beast" has Jonathan Steinberg ("Human Target", "Jericho") serving as the writer. Gary Fleder ("Life Unexpected") and Mary Beth Basile ("October Road"), meanwhile, are on-board to executive produce the project, which is reportedly being eyed as a potential companion for "Once Upon a Time" in the Sunday slot.
In addition to ABC's version, The CW is currently also developing another "Beauty and the Beast" project. Loosely based on the 1980s series starring Ron Perlman and Linda Hamilton, it is described as a modern-day romantic love story with a procedural twist. The CW has given a greenlight to the pilot earlier this month.
- Watch Juicy J and Kanye West in 'Ballin' Video
- Tina Fey Suggested Alec Baldwin to Play Donald Trump on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Watch Ben Affleck and Matt Damon Hilariously Argue Over Who's Closer to Tom Brady
- Daisy Ridley, Judi Dench and More A-Listers Join Johnny Depp in 'Murder on the Orient Express'
- Confirmed! Lady GaGa Is Headlining 2017 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Oops! Cher Accidentally Retweets a Dick Pic
- No More Bad Blood! Taylor Swift and Calvin Harris Are Texting Again
- Rob Kardashian Crushing on His Own Sister Kim When He Was Young