Evanescence Debut 'My Heart Is Broken' Music Video
Evanescence have just premiered a music video for "My Heart Is Broken", the latest single from their self-titled album "Evanescence". Taking inspiration from the 1988 British fantasy/horror film "Paperhouse", the clip sees frontwoman Amy Lee holding light in her hands while belting out lyrics from the song. Meanwhile, her bandmates play in a dream-like state.
"We're playing with fiber optics, and so it's basically like I'm drawing the world around me from nothingness, and when I draw things with my hands, it's like they actually come to life," she explained to MTV News. "So it's a lot of fun with creating this surreal dream world, and the guys' performance is sort of like the dream within the dream, in an abyss of darkness; it's very cool."
The song itself was written by Lee based on the story of real-life situation, sex trafficking. She shared, "A lot of times when I write, I just sort of make up words, and something will stick, and I'll be like, 'Oh, that's from my subconscious. That's what I need to write the song about.' And that sort of happened halfway through. I was like, 'I think I'm writing about this thing, it's on my heart,' just imagining being in such a trapped place and how that might feel, so the song was actually inspired by that idea."
Evanescence's "My Heart Is Broken" music video
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer
- Miss Teen USA to Eliminate Swimsuit Competition
- Demi Lovato Debuts Steamy New Single 'Body Say', Brings Out T.I. at 'Future Now' Tour
- Rita Ora Hospitalized due to Exhaustion
- Tom Hanks Is a Hero in First 'Sully' Trailer
- Sarah Paulson Poses Topless for W Magazine. See the NSFW Pic!