Kid Cudi Defends Trashing Heatwave Stage After His Show Is Cut Short
Kid Cudi has spoken up about his outrage at the recent Heatwave Music Festival in Melbourne Australia. The "Day 'N Night" hitmaker set the tongue wagging when he lost his cool and destroyed equipments on the stage after being asked to end his show halfway through his setlist.
Cudi took to his official blog to defend himself. "If my set is EVER cut short at any show, im trashing the stage. Not out of anger, it takes a lot to get me furious nowadays, but out of principle," the G.O.O.D Music rhymer explained.
"The fans always deserve a full set at all shows, especially when they spend their hard earned money on expensive tickets. A lot of artist wouldnt do what I did in Australia, but I will. Spread the word. No matter the circumstance, cut my set short, im breaking s**t."
The 27-year-old MC ended his posting with a warning, "And next time im startin a riot. Me and my fans. Cause promoters will sometime take advantage of the artists, and u gotta let em know what time it is. Cutting nobody any slack."
Footage, which captures him trashing the stage, has hit the web. According to the uploader, Cudi was asked to end his set a half hour early, but refused to do so and kept performing. His mic got cut, prompting him to try to use one of the drum mics.
When it didn't work out either, Cudi lost it. He proceeded to knock over the properties including lights and sound equipments, drawing loud cheers from the crowd. At one point, he disappeared to the backstage but his band continued playing the music.
According to reports, the promoters were forced to cut short the artists' sets due to poor management. The first act was supposed to hit the stage at 2.30 P.M. local time, but the organizers didn't start the event until three hours later. The delay severely impacted the length of all the sets throughout the night.
More Kid Cudi News
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story