Chris Cornell Denies Mocking Kanye West at Big Day Out Music Festival
Chris Cornell was quick to pour cold water on the reports suggesting that he's feuding with Kanye West at the recent Big Day Out music festival. The Soundgarden frontman sparked such rumors after he launched a harsh comment about a soundcheck that's coincidentally occupied by the rap mogul.
"Sounds like there's children playing music there, retarded children, retarded as in held back. There's no other word for it," Chris told the crowd gathering in front of his band's stage. He reportedly was upset when music from the neighbouring main stage could be heard from their stage and clashed with their songs.
One day after the concert, however, Chris took to Twitter to set the record straight. "My comments @ BDO were directed solely at inadequate tour production," the lead singer explained before adding that "Kanye had nothing to do with it!" The Seattle-born musician ended his post by declaring, "We love him."
Kanye himself had a rough day at the festival. He's took the stage 45 minutes late from the initial schedule, something that's reportedly unheard of in BDO history. The crowd, who braved heavy rain for his performances, responded to the long delay by breaking into chants of "bulls***", but the rapper blamed it on sound problems caused by the rain.
Organizers for the event also came to his defense, confirming trouble with the weather. "The severe storm that hit at around 7.45pm caused massive technical problems and damage to equipment," They explained. "Despite the delay, the audience eagerly stood their ground" to watch him performing. Promoter Ken West additionally said, "Stop picking on Kanye."
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie