Lost Dog Could Unite Family in First 'Darling Companion' Trailer
The first trailer for all-star dramedy "Darling Companion" has been released. The sneak peek highlights Diane Keaton's Beth Winter who saves a stray dog from the side of the freeway. Struggling with her distracted, self-involved husband Joseph and an empty nest at home, Beth forms a special bond with the rescued animal.
When Joseph loses the dog after a wedding at their vacation home in the Rockies, the distraught Beth then enlists the help of the few remaining guests from the wedding and a mysterious young woman in a frantic search. Each member of the search party is affected by the adventure, which takes them in unexpected direction - comic, harrowing and sometimes deeply emotional.
"Darling Companion" is directed by Oscar nominee Lawrence Kasdan, who is famously known for his works in some thought-provoking dramas like "The Big Chill", "Grand Canyon" and "The Accidental Tourist". He additionally pens the script along with his wife Meg.
Aside from the acclaimed director, the dramedy also has a set of A-list cast members. They include three Oscar-winning actors like Keaton, Kevin Kline and Dianne Wiest, two Oscar nominees like Richard Jenkins and Sam Shepard, as well as promising younger stars like Elisabeth Moss, Mark Duplas and Ayelet Zurer.
The movie is due to be released in limited U.S. theaters on April 20.
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton