Tracy Morgan Taken to Hospital After Collapsing at Sundance Film Festival
Tracy Morgan has found himself making the headlines once again, but this time, it wasn't his jokes that drew attention to him. The actor playing Tracy Jordan on NBC's "30 Rock" has been rushed to a hospital in Park City, Utah on Sunday, January 22 after collapsing at the 2012 Sundance Film Festival.
The 43-year-old comedian was at the time attending the Creative Coalition Spotlight Awards where he was being honored. According to TMZ, he appeared to be "extremely intoxicated" when delivering his award acceptance speech. He reportedly was escorted out of the building afterward and fell unconscious outside.
ABC News reported that Morgan was taken to Park City Medical Center by an ambulance. Details of his current condition, however, remain undisclosed. It is also still unclear what may have caused the the "Death at a Funeral" actor to collapse. It should be noted that he suffers from diabetes, and has received a kidney transplant in late 2010.
Morgan made headlines back in June 2011 when he went too far with his anti-gay joke at a stand-up gig in Nashville. At the time, he reportedly said "if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death."
The comedian has since offered his apology for the joke. "I want to apologize to my fans and the gay & lesbian community for my choice of words at my recent stand-up act in Nashville. I'm not a hateful person and don't condone any kind of violence against others," part of his statement read.
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3