Simon Cowell: Mezhgan Hussainy and I Have 'Quite a Complicated Relationship'
Simon Cowell finally confessed that he and fiancee Mezhgan Hussainy are technically no longer together. In a recent interview with the Sunday Mirror, the current judge on "The X Factor (US)" described his relationship with the make-up artist as something "quite complicated."
"We have had a break from each other, and we are still incredibly close," Cowell was quoted as saying. "I'm vulnerable. It's not on, it's not off, it's somewhere in the middle. I don't know if I will ever get married, but I am happy." The British tabloid additionally noted that the 52-year-old has not seen his fiancee for about a month.
The former "American Idol" judge, who first met Hussainy on the set of "American Idol" in 2003, also claimed that he regretted calling her "The One" during an appearance on Piers Morgan's "Life Stories". "I have been pretty good about not talking about my private stuff, but I got caught up in the moment," so he explained.
Cowell and Hussainy got engaged in February 2010, but were soon plagued with rumors of separation. In November 2010, Hussainy slammed a split report as saying, "I still love him and he says he still loves me and we are still engaged - as far as I know. We've been apart for a while. Of course I miss him. It's not easy being apart and even one day apart is hard when you are in love."
More Simon Cowell News
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Set Photos Reveal Iron Man's New Suit
- Justin Bieber to Team Up With Anitta on New Song
- Alec Baldwin Will Bring Back Donald Trump Impression to 'Saturday Night Live'
- 'Deadpool 2': Ryan Reynolds Crashes Kid's Birthday Party in New Set Photos
- Is Kim Kardashian and Kanye West's Surrogate Pregnant With Twins?
- Is Ryan Seacrest Planning to Leave 'Live' for Profitable 'American Idol' Deal?
- Ed Sheeran Hits Back After Being Accused of Not Performing Live at Glastonbury