J.J. Abrams Remains Hopeful 'Fringe' Will Get Renewed for Season 5
"Fringe" has been flagging in the ratings for years, but its co-creator J.J. Abrams is still crossing his fingers for the series to be picked up for another season. Speaking to TVLine on the uncertain future of his show, the 45-year-old TV producer simply said, "We remain hopeful that 'Fringe' will be able to continue."
Just days earlier, Abrams opened up in a video interview, "While I don't know what the schedule is, it has been my desire since the pilot to direct an episode." He added, "I would say without question that if Fringe comes back, I would do anything in my power to direct an episode. I would love it."
Season 5 of "Fringe" will give a chance to the show to hit its 100-episode mark, which will be reached with a thirteen episode on the new season. Talks about whether or not the series will get a Season 5 renewal have reportedly begun between Warner Bros. Television and FOX. The latter are looking for a way to bring the show back by cutting its license fee.
On the possibility of Season 4 turning out to be the show's last, executive producer Jeff Pinkner said, "Worst case scenario, if this were the last aired season of 'Fringe' - and as we've said before, there are other outlets where we could continue our stories, be they graphic novels or webisodes - we know what the end of this season is going to be, and it can function as a series finale."
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl