'The Big Bang Theory' Tops 'American Idol' in Adults Demo
"The Big Bang Theory" might have lured adult viewers away from "American Idol" on Thursday night, January 19. The 100th episode of the comedy series drew a 5.3 rating in 18-49 demo when it aired from 8:30-9:00 P.M., besting the singing competition which pulled in a 5.2 rating in the same half hour.
In term of total viewers, however, "Idol" garnered more audience than "Big Bang". The FOX reality series averaged 16.41 million viewers, while the CBS comedy series attracted 15.84 million people in the common half hour.
In its overall one-hour airing, "Idol" delivered a total of 18 million viewers and a 5.7 adult demo rating. The number was down 23% from the 11th season premiere which aired the previous night, and 27% from the show's Thursday premiere last year.
"Idol" has shown a rating decrease when it returned on Wednesday, January 18 night. The premiere episode delivered 21.9 million viewers and a 7.4 in the adult demographic, down 24 percent from last year in ratings and and 18 percent in total viewership.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Cleavage-Baring Dress During Lunch With Kanye West
- 'Game of Thrones' 6.07 Preview: More Unexpected Returns
- Corey Gamble Reportedly Cheats on Kris Jenner With Kourtney Kardashian - Is It True?
- She's Scarily Skinny! Janice Dickinson Looks Thinner Amid Health Crisis
- Drake Blocks Ariana Grande and Blake Shelton From Billboard 200's No. 1
- Bella Hadid Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Racy Bikini. See the Pic!
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Cradle Chrissy Teigen and John Legend's Baby During Brunch