'The Big Bang Theory' Tops 'American Idol' in Adults Demo
"The Big Bang Theory" might have lured adult viewers away from "American Idol" on Thursday night, January 19. The 100th episode of the comedy series drew a 5.3 rating in 18-49 demo when it aired from 8:30-9:00 P.M., besting the singing competition which pulled in a 5.2 rating in the same half hour.
In term of total viewers, however, "Idol" garnered more audience than "Big Bang". The FOX reality series averaged 16.41 million viewers, while the CBS comedy series attracted 15.84 million people in the common half hour.
In its overall one-hour airing, "Idol" delivered a total of 18 million viewers and a 5.7 adult demo rating. The number was down 23% from the 11th season premiere which aired the previous night, and 27% from the show's Thursday premiere last year.
"Idol" has shown a rating decrease when it returned on Wednesday, January 18 night. The premiere episode delivered 21.9 million viewers and a 7.4 in the adult demographic, down 24 percent from last year in ratings and and 18 percent in total viewership.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones