'The Big Bang Theory' Tops 'American Idol' in Adults Demo
"The Big Bang Theory" might have lured adult viewers away from "American Idol" on Thursday night, January 19. The 100th episode of the comedy series drew a 5.3 rating in 18-49 demo when it aired from 8:30-9:00 P.M., besting the singing competition which pulled in a 5.2 rating in the same half hour.
In term of total viewers, however, "Idol" garnered more audience than "Big Bang". The FOX reality series averaged 16.41 million viewers, while the CBS comedy series attracted 15.84 million people in the common half hour.
In its overall one-hour airing, "Idol" delivered a total of 18 million viewers and a 5.7 adult demo rating. The number was down 23% from the 11th season premiere which aired the previous night, and 27% from the show's Thursday premiere last year.
"Idol" has shown a rating decrease when it returned on Wednesday, January 18 night. The premiere episode delivered 21.9 million viewers and a 7.4 in the adult demographic, down 24 percent from last year in ratings and and 18 percent in total viewership.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Tyra Banks Accused of Abusing a Girl on 'America's Got Talent'
- Kanye West Is 'Humiliated' by Kim Kardashian's Deflated Butt
- Fergie Signs With BMG After Quitting Interscope
- Celine Dion, J.Lo, Mariah Carey and Backstreet Boys Will Not Cancel Vegas Shows Despite ISIS Threat
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service