'The Big Bang Theory' Tops 'American Idol' in Adults Demo
"The Big Bang Theory" might have lured adult viewers away from "American Idol" on Thursday night, January 19. The 100th episode of the comedy series drew a 5.3 rating in 18-49 demo when it aired from 8:30-9:00 P.M., besting the singing competition which pulled in a 5.2 rating in the same half hour.
In term of total viewers, however, "Idol" garnered more audience than "Big Bang". The FOX reality series averaged 16.41 million viewers, while the CBS comedy series attracted 15.84 million people in the common half hour.
In its overall one-hour airing, "Idol" delivered a total of 18 million viewers and a 5.7 adult demo rating. The number was down 23% from the 11th season premiere which aired the previous night, and 27% from the show's Thursday premiere last year.
"Idol" has shown a rating decrease when it returned on Wednesday, January 18 night. The premiere episode delivered 21.9 million viewers and a 7.4 in the adult demographic, down 24 percent from last year in ratings and and 18 percent in total viewership.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'