'The Big Bang Theory' Tops 'American Idol' in Adults Demo
"The Big Bang Theory" might have lured adult viewers away from "American Idol" on Thursday night, January 19. The 100th episode of the comedy series drew a 5.3 rating in 18-49 demo when it aired from 8:30-9:00 P.M., besting the singing competition which pulled in a 5.2 rating in the same half hour.
In term of total viewers, however, "Idol" garnered more audience than "Big Bang". The FOX reality series averaged 16.41 million viewers, while the CBS comedy series attracted 15.84 million people in the common half hour.
In its overall one-hour airing, "Idol" delivered a total of 18 million viewers and a 5.7 adult demo rating. The number was down 23% from the 11th season premiere which aired the previous night, and 27% from the show's Thursday premiere last year.
"Idol" has shown a rating decrease when it returned on Wednesday, January 18 night. The premiere episode delivered 21.9 million viewers and a 7.4 in the adult demographic, down 24 percent from last year in ratings and and 18 percent in total viewership.
More The Big Bang Theory News
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked