Elton John to Develop Animated Take on 'Nerds' Childbook Series
After co-producing "Gnomeo and Juliet" with husband David Furnish, Elton John is set to develop another animated feature. Deadline reported that the veteran English musician is eyeing to adapt Michael Buckley's bestselling children book series, "Nerds", to the big screen.
Elton's Rocket Pictures has obtained the rights to the series and planned to create the animated film with Buckley penning the screenplay. The singer will serve as the executive producer, while his husband David will produce it along with Steve Hamilton Shaw.
"Nerds" centers on a group of unpopular geeks who run a spy network from inside their elementary school. They battle the Hyena, a former junior beauty pageant contestant-turned-assassin, and an array of James Bond-alike villains, each with an evil plan more diabolical and more ridiculous than the last.
Of the upcoming movie project producer Hamilton Shaw said, "Nerds is an action-filled comedic property with a great inclusive message at its heart." He added, "We think it has huge potential as a dynamic and modern family movie."
In addition to this project, Elton's Rocket Pictures is currently developing another animated feature, "Will Gallows and the Snake Bellied Troll", which will be directed by "Shrek 2" helmer Kelly Asbury. The company also works on Elton's biopic called "Rocketman", which is written by Lee Hall.
- Priyanka Chopra Throws Her Hat Into the Ring to Be Female James Bond
- Listen to a Preview of Shawn Mendes' New Song 'Better'
- Elijah Wood Clarifies Comment on Child Sex Abuse in Hollywood, Says It's Misinterpreted
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss Confirms Someone's Getting Married in Season 7
- Anne Hathaway Throws Shade at the Kardashians, Says It's Unintentional
- Eminem Sells Bricks of His Childhood Home for 'Marshall Mathers LP' Anniversary
- Did Jennifer Lawrence Just Say She Was Under the Influence While Filming 'The Hunger Games'?
- Helen Hunt Mistaken for Jodie Foster by Starbucks Barista. Read the Funny Story