Elton John to Develop Animated Take on 'Nerds' Childbook Series
After co-producing "Gnomeo and Juliet" with husband David Furnish, Elton John is set to develop another animated feature. Deadline reported that the veteran English musician is eyeing to adapt Michael Buckley's bestselling children book series, "Nerds", to the big screen.
Elton's Rocket Pictures has obtained the rights to the series and planned to create the animated film with Buckley penning the screenplay. The singer will serve as the executive producer, while his husband David will produce it along with Steve Hamilton Shaw.
"Nerds" centers on a group of unpopular geeks who run a spy network from inside their elementary school. They battle the Hyena, a former junior beauty pageant contestant-turned-assassin, and an array of James Bond-alike villains, each with an evil plan more diabolical and more ridiculous than the last.
Of the upcoming movie project producer Hamilton Shaw said, "Nerds is an action-filled comedic property with a great inclusive message at its heart." He added, "We think it has huge potential as a dynamic and modern family movie."
In addition to this project, Elton's Rocket Pictures is currently developing another animated feature, "Will Gallows and the Snake Bellied Troll", which will be directed by "Shrek 2" helmer Kelly Asbury. The company also works on Elton's biopic called "Rocketman", which is written by Lee Hall.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies
- 'Sense8' Announces Premiere Dates for Christmas Special and Season 2
- Watch: Shawn Mendes Makes His 'SNL' Debut