'30 Rock' Pokes Fun at Tracy Morgan's Anti-Gay Scandal, GLAAD Calls It 'Hilarious'
"30 Rock" mocked the homophobic slur scandal involving its own star, Tracy Morgan, in its latest outing. The episode titled "Idiots Are People Two!" saw Morgan's character Tracy Jordan sparking a protest after offending people with his gay-oriented jokes at a club date.
Tina Fey's Liz Lemon reacts to the situation by reminding Jordan that he is a public figure and has to apologize. "Believe it or not, the dumb things you say may influence or hurt people. You need to apologize," she says.
However, instead of making an apologize to the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), Jordan mistakenly apologizes to Glad, the company that makes trash bags. Liz is then forced to apologize for him, assuring people, "He's not capable of hate. He's just an idiot who doesn't know what he's saying."
GLAAD has since responded to the episode that poked fun at Morgan's anti-gay controversy. "I thought it was hilarious," the group's senior director of programs Herndon Graddick told The New York Times. "We've been called worse than trash-bag manufacturers and forward to seeing the second part next week."
In real life, Morgan came under fire after joking during a stand-up gig in Nashville last June that he would stab his son if he were gay. Showing remorse, the comedian returned to the town and stated, "I want to apologize to my friends, and my family and my fans and everyone in every community who were offended with this."
In another news related to "30 Rock", it has been reported that Steve Buscemi will reprise his role as private detective Len Wosniak. In the episode, which the "Boardwalk Empire" actor will also direct, Alec Baldwin's Jack reaches out to Len after he gets mugged, Fey revealed.
- Mantis Reveals Star-Lord's Deep Dark Secret in 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' New Trailer
- Watch: Rita Ora Drops Her Top in Raunchy Love Advent Video
- Britney Spears Gets Surprise Birthday Cake on Stage at 2016 Jingle Ball
- Granger Smith Broke His Rips and Punctured His Lung After Falling From Stage
- Madonna Wants to Remarry Sean Penn for $150,000 at Miami's Art Basel
- Chris Evans Feels 'Rage' Over 'Last Tango in Paris' Real Rape Scene
- Mariah Carey Not Too Keen on Comparison Between Her Alter Ego Bianca and Beyonce's Sasha Fierce
- Mark Wahlberg Criticizes Fellow Celebs Who Talk About Politics